If We Stick Together

Ashley~

He hasn't come out of his room for days, and Raven hasn't been home at all. I had no idea what was going on until a day or two later when we saw it on the news, and Jinxx told us that Raven had been arrested for attempting mass murder on the school.

But we all knew that she was just taking the fall for somebody. We couldn't find out who though.

I decided to try again, knocking on Vincent's door. "Vinny, open up."

Nothing.

I sighed and put my fist lightly on the door before retreating back downstairs, there was Jinxx and Sammi.

"Can't get him to come out yet?" Sammi asked, folding her hands in her lap as she sat on the couch next to her husband. I shook my head, sighing. Vincent just wouldn't leave his room, not for food, the bathroom, nothing. I saw him leave once, but I was unable to get to him before he closed and locked the door with two towels in his hand and a small box. I heard him crying a couple of times.

I know what you're thinking, 'Wow, this Vincent is kind of a whimp, isn't he?' Well, he isn't. Just because he's a boy, you make all these judgments, but if Vincent had been a girl, it would have been 'So sad, I hope she's okay...'

Judgmental assholes.

Jinxx~

I stayed around the house for a while, alone. You know, other than the dog Nico, and Vincent locked up in his room. Everyone else was off at sound check, I told them I would practice alone here.

I decided to give this a try myself.

I went up to Vincent's door and knocked a couple times , " Vincent, it's me, Jinxx. I'm the only one in the house right now, you can talk to me."

There was a bit of rustling until I heard his quiet, cracked voice. "Promise you won't tell."

It wasn't a question.

It was a demand.

"Of course." I replied, almost reluctantly. But if promising him was the only way to see him, then promise I shall.

I heard the sound of the door unlocking and then more rustling, I assumed he had crawled into his bed. I opened the door slowly and I could only look around the room in shock. There were two towels on the ground, soaked in blood. All across the hard wood floor was drops of blood, a lot of it smeared, there were a couple of bloody hand prints on his wall along with the blood soaked covers on Vincent's bed. Along with the Vincent who had blood in his hair and, from what I could tell, everything else.

"What the hell happened?"

He sat up slowly and looked at me with dead eyes. The source of the blood was numerous cuts on the side of his neck, chest, and arms. He probably had them on his legs too. "Vincent, Ash is going to kill you."

"Good. Raven isn't here, he might as well."

I stated at him wide-eyed, walking over and sitting next to him on his bed. "Is that what this is about? You love Raven that much?"

He nodded slowly and put a hand over his eyes. "I just... Jinxx, she took the fall for me. I should be the one in jail, and no. I wasn't the one who blew up the building, I was just accused. Raven knew that since I'm so close to 18 that I would be given adult charges. So she took it. I tried to stop her.... I really did...."

Vincent trailed off quietly and I hugged him, sighing. "Vincent, you are truly amazing, but what you've done to yourself is horrible." I sighed, letting go of him. "Come on, go take a shower and I'll get all of this blood and then I will help you with your cuts afterwards."

He could have died in this room, and no one would have known....

Raven~

I sat in silence in my cell, the covers pulled over my head on my cot. It was just the way Vincent had described Juvenile Detention Centers.

I'd been there a couple of days, put already I was horrified of this place.

My door slowly creaked open and an officer stepped in, "Ms. Ferguson, you've been bailed out." That was all I heard, I jumped out of the bed as fast as humanly possible. At first I didn't recognize my last name as Ferguson but then soon recalled Jinxx and Sammi adopting me.

I was lead to the front of the building and who I saw waiting for me was the best sight ever, but also the worst.

Jinxx was there, leaning against the wall and smiling lightly, and so was Vincent. But there was something wrong with Vincent, he didn't usually wear turtle necked shirts, even if it was winter. I ran up and we hugged, I felt him cringe at my touch however. Across the room was an adult couple, arguing with security at the front.

"But she is our daughter! Not theirs," the woman stated, "Raven's last name is not Ferguson, it's Angel."

They saw me.

Shit.

"Young lady, you are coming with us. Right now." My mother snapped, she went to grab my arm and pull me away from Vincent, but his arms tightened around my shoulders and waist, he glared at my mother,

"I. Will. Cut. You."