Chapter 4- Searching & Scanning

Jonathan Groff's POV

"HEY CAN EVERYONE MEET JAZZY AND I ON THE STAGE?!?!" I yelled, as Jazzy and I began to head downstairs. Oak poked his head out of his dressing room,

"Whyyyy Groff?" He groaned, rubbing his eyes.

"Come on sleepy head, just get your ass down stairs." Jazzy smiled, as Oak stuck his tongue out at her.

Once we were all gathered, Jazzy and I stood before the group, "We have some big news, from both Daveed and Lin." I said, searching and scanning for answers in everyone's faces. Most looked concerned. I heard whispers began to surface among the cast and crew.

"Are they hurt?"

"Are they leaving the cast?"

"Are they dead?"

"Are they pregnant??!?" Thayne asked, before eating the rest of his cookie. Almost everyone shot him a what the fuck look.

"No... Daveed found the two kids in an alleyway, and he is bringing them back here." I began, looking over to Jasmine. She cleared her throat,

"And Lin told us that he is going to adopt them. We all are." This provoked random yells from the group.

"How old are they?"

"Where will they stay?"

"What last name will they take?"

"Wait." Anthony stopped all of the rambling, "All of us are going to adopt them?" He asked, looking wide eyed at Jazzy and I.

I gulped, "Yes, we all are. They'll take the last name Hamilton, being that well... This show is about Alexander Hamilton and we're all a family but we all have different last names so why not Hamilton? It'll bring us all together." Jazzy looked over at me, and sighed.

"They are also the kids from the Weehawken fire..." She said as the group begin to yell again.

"How are they still alive?"

"Are their parents still alive too?"

"QUIET!" Chris yelled, and everyone fell silent. He nodded towards me as I smiled. He really IS George Washington. He's 6' 2" and has a powerful voice. How couldn't you be intimidated?

"We don't know how they survived. Daveed took them to urgent care and right now they're at the spa that Daveed was going to." I said.

"There parents are assumed dead, but we don't know since they survived. Their parents could be out there. But for the time being, until they are proven dead or found alive, we will adopt them." Jazzy said, moving her fingers around.

"They are 16, and they'll stay... Well..." I looked to Jasmine for help.

"Some nights they'll stay here. With adult supervision of course. Maybe like a cast sleepover like once a week?" She suggested, and all of the cast nodded. "Other nights they'll sleep at someones house. We can make a schedule or something."

"What about school? I mean they have to go to school, its against the law if they don't." Andrew shouted from the back.

"Summer isn't even half way over. School was only let out about 3 weeks ago. We'll figure it out when the time comes." I said taking out my phone to check the time. 12:37. Great. We were supposed to be in costumes by now so we could do one last run through of the show. With Lin worrying about the kids, someone had to take charge. "Okay guys. The first preview starts at 7. It's 12:40 right now, so everyone should get into costume so we can start our run through. Andrew, take over for Daveed, and Javier take over for Lin. We start the run through at 1:20. Come on people! We have a show to run!" I smiled, and was rewarded with shouts of excitement. The cast and crew began to get ready as I felt a hand touch my shoulder.

"Great job man." Chris said, looking down at me. "We're all nervous, but I could tell that you calmed them down. We're all doing something that just makes sense to us. Theater."

"Man you're making me sound like I'm all that." I chuckled.

"That's because you are, and so much more." He smiled, before patting me on the back and walking away. Jazzy smiled up at me.

"So... Now what?" She asked.

"First we get into costume. Then, we find a spare dressing room make sure that they can stay in there if Lin can't get tickets. We just have to make sure it's not where Thayne hides his cookies." I said.

"That man will do anything for his cookies." Jasmine said, shaking her head as we walked up the stairs. I walked into my dressing room and was greeted by my dresser.

"That was a great speech Jon." She said.

"Haha, thanks..." I chuckled as I began to strip my everyday clothes off. But could we pull it off? The kids would be here soon, and would we be able to handle two teenagers who had gone through traumatizing events? I took a deep breath. I should stop doubting myself. Especially after the speech I made. I gave people hope, but I should be able to give myself hope as well.

Once I had finished getting dressed, I walked over to the Schuyler Sister's dressing room and knocked three times. Jasmine soon opened the door in her Peggy dress and makeup. She smiled,

"Hello! Ready to find a room?" She asked, stepping out of the room. I nodded and motioned for her to go first and she began to walk up the stairs. After walking up and down a few flights, Jazzy and I finally found a spare room. We quickly got to work cleaning it up a bit, in case they wanted to sleep or relax. We pushed together chairs to make two make shift beds. Jasmine grabbed some pillows and blankets from her dressing room and brought them up. I opened the window so it wasn't so stuffy in the room. Chris brought in some books that he was reading in case they wanted to do something other than sleep. Pippa and Anthony put some of their spare clothes in the room so they could change, if they hadn't already. Once the room was presentable, I checked the time. 1:12, 3 minutes until places. Everyone that was in the room began to head downstairs when we heard Daveed's voice.

"Guys? We're here!"

A/N

Hey guys. Sorry that this took so long. First midterms hit me like a bitch, and then my friend and my grandfather passed away. Two days ago was the one month of Shannon, and tomorrow is the one month of my Grandpa Red. I can't believe they're gone. Thank you for understanding, and letting me take my time.