Chapter 4

"Sorry to ask, but what are you doing all the way out here?" the man asked Tom. "I was going for a ride into the woods for some alone time, until a deer ran my way." Tom crossed his arms. The one in red started to chuckle, "Ah, I'm sorry about that. Me and my men must have scared it off."

"Well, don't hurt him." Tom started to act upon his beliefs. "Hmm. Why is that?" The deviled-horned man asked. "He didn't do anything to you. Why hurt him in the first place?" Tom protested more. The man chuckled again, "You're pretty interesting. The name's Tord." Tord held out his hand, Tom was hesitant at first but shook the hand anyway. "Heh. You're pretty interesting yourself. I'm-" Tom was interuppted by two soliders riding their horses behind them. "Your h-" Tord coughed and stuttered a bit, "Uh, Paul. P-Patryck. Sorry, if I h-held you back for a-abit." Tord coughed again while tilting his head towards Tom. The one with bushy eyebrows, Paul looked confused, but the long-haired one, Patryck, seemed to catch what was going on. "Oh, so sorry Tord. It was just that we caught this horse running from your direction and we wanted to make sure you were alright." Tord just his hand around and snorted, "Pfft. I'm fine, but I think that horse belongs to this gentleman right here." Paul look toward Tom and merely glared down at him. Tom's legs felt like Jello all of a sudden as the thought of Eduardo came to mind. "uh...Thank you. Sorry for interrupting, but I have to go." Tom suddenly said as he jumped onto his horse. "Huh? why? We just got here." Patryck asked. "i-it's something back at home. i have to go." Tom was about to galloped away until Tord got a hold of his arm. "When could I see you again?" he asked, concern in his eyes. Tom sighed after he brushed Tord's arm off, "I'm not sure you can." With that the blue stranger was gone. "Sire, might I ask who that was?" Paul asked, somehow raising an eyebrow. "I never got his name." Tord muttered. "Ooh~ Mysterious." Patryck said as he wrapped an arm around Paul, causing the other man to blush. Tord felt his own face heat up, "Yeah, he sure is." 

"So what was the no 'your highness' about?" Paul questioned the prince. beads of sweat started to drip on Tord's head. "Well, uh...I didn't really want him to know I was prince." he stated, laughing nervously. "it's alright we understand, sire." Patryck said with a smile. "But we should probably head back to the kingdom. The sun is too far in the West right no." Tord turned to the sky, it was true. You never wanted to stay out too long, especially if you're royalty. "Alright, let's go." As Tord and his guardsmen headed towards their home, the man in red couldn't help but wonder about the other he met that day. 

Meanwhile, Tom was getting a small friendly beating from his stepfather. Eduardo laid a punch on Tom's right eye. "Where were you? Do you know how long you were gone?" he yelled at his stepson's face. "No sir. I-I was just taking the horse to...the...the market and got lost in the woods." Eduardo didn't believe him for a second. "Why were you taking the woods?" Tom sighed, "I..uh..thought it was a shortcut? Yes, I thought I could get there faster through the woods. I was wrong." Tom said, pretending to admit his lie. Eduardo looked down upon Tom infront of him, Tom gulped feeling nervous beads of sweat fall at the side of his head. "Very well. Remember to have dinner on the table before the sun fully sets." he yelled while walking up the stairs. Tom blew out a sigh of relief, "Thank goodness." he said before looking at the kitchen and starting dinner, throughout that whole night all Tom could hear was Tord's adorable chuckle.