Chapter 16

"And where did you find this?" The duchess had asked, holding a piece of cloth. For no suit had been made lime Tom's across the land. "From a servant boy, living in my attic. He must have stolen it." Eduardo said to her. "Thank you." She had said, shaking the man's cold hand. "You have saved this kingdom from embarrassment." She stated and Eduardo shook back. "Though, there is something I would like in return." The duchess smirked as well, "Anything you would like."

The King's horsemen and guards had search high and low for the missing man. People have even come to the door of the castle's walls, but just by looking at them, Tord knew his love wasn't there. 'We have to find him, we just have to.' Tord thought as the days went by. The horsemen checked everyone they encountered, the young, the elderly, and even some other checked other genders. But none had found the King's missing prince, his love. This saddened Tord, and it got worse when he interviewed those waiting at his doors. It hurt to know how many liars there were out there. Our prince was beginning to lose hope, but there's nothing to stop him from looking further. "Gentlemen, look throughout the whole kingdom. It doesn't matter how far you'll go, if you find anything... Bring it back." The Duchess ran up to her king, "Sire, maybe it's time to give up." She put her hand on his shoulder, but he immediately swiped it off. "I don't give up so easily, Miss D." Tord stated walking away from her, Paul and Patryck to his side in an instant. The Duchess felt her face go hot with anger, 'You want to play this way, Tord? Fine, let's play.' She glared at the closed doors in front of her, and soon saddle her horse with the guardsmen. They galloped throughout the entire kingdom, starting from the village to the lonesome houses on the outskirts of London. Paul and Patryck led them, although they had found the mission quick tricky with the Duchess trailing behind their tails, even their horses would scoff. They went from house to house, awaiting for it to open. They examined the cloth and ask the same questions Tord would. Only the best guardsmen knew the answers, so therefore did the questioning. They had taken many days and nights looking for a man of mystery. "This is taking quite awhile, you would he'd show up by now." Patryck said, sighing sadly. "Hey don't lose hope, Tord needs us. I'm sure he'll show." Paul whispered reassuringly. "Gentlemen, gentlemen. Calm down, there's still one house left. Won't we all just put on our best smiles." The duchess grinned in a sickly way, it sent chills down Paul's spine. As they pulled the horse to a halt, they were standing in front of a small and lovely cottage, by a field of long key lime grass and a rippling creek. Paul, Patryck, and the Duchess walked up to the door. Ready for interrogation, Paul raised his fist and knocked lightly on the designed door.