Chapter 9

"Well?" Tom asked his friends, only to see their mouths hanging open even the horses'. "You look absolutely... IcrEDDible." Edd giggled, staring at Tom in awe. Tom's face reddened, he wasn't used to so much attention. "R-really? I-I'm not s-"
"No!" Edd interrupted him. "You look amazing, Thomas. Don't let anyone tell you differently." Tom looked up at Edd, stars in his eyes. "Now, get going. You're going to be late." Edd blurted and Tom ran to the carriage. "Wait!" Edd pointed his pencil and Tom and yelled his magic words again. Suddenly, a glass boutonniere in the shape of a lily and curled vines with silvery blue lining appeared on Tom's suit. "That's much better." Edd said, admiring his own work. "It's made of glass." Tom said astonished. "And you'll find its a lot more durable than what they sell in the town." Edd chuckled, "Now get going."
"Thank you so much, fairy godfather. Edd! Thank you so much!" Tom said as the coachmen led him in. "Oh! Wait, Tom! Remember the magic ends at midnight." Edd said rather quickly. "What does that mean?"
"It means once the clock strikes midnight, everything will disappear. So get back before midnight." Edd warned, it sounded a little like a threat almost. "Got it. Again, thank you Edd." Tom bowed and Edd disappeared in a flash of light. "Let's go." And they were on their way.

At the castle, many people were talking as the duke accounced names of those walking in. The king sat on a throne, on one of the top decks in the back as the prince stood next to him. Tord sighed, looking through the crowds of people for the man he had met before. The king noticed this and told Tord to watch for princesses or maidens of the future. Soon, Eduardo and his boys came inside. Giving the Duchess their names and starting down the stairs. "Mr. Eduardo and his sons; Mark the very clever and Jon the very cute." She said a bit unsure. They strutted through the crowd, Jon pointed out the prince and there were times where so princesses would pass by.

The king ordered Paul and Patryck to find a princess and introduce her to Tord. They walked throughout the crowd and escorted one to the king. "My Lord. May I introduce Princess Alison of Italy?" Patryck said. She was brunette with blonde coming at the ends of her hair. She bowed to the king and prince. "It is very nice to meat you."
"The pleasure is all mine." Tord said, bowing. "Would you care for something to eat?" he asked in a monotone. "I would love that." A servant seemed to already be waiting with a tray of fruit and held it open before Tord could do anything. "Oh. Thank you." The girl said, looking at him flirtatously and Tord gulped. "Now let the ball comense." The Duchess yelled as the doors opened once again and out came a man in a stunning blue suit walked inside. He smiled from ear to ear as he stood on the stairs and bowed to the crowd to greet them. Tord knew it was him, the country man he had met in the woods. "Excuse me." He said going down their own stairs and onto the dance floor. Tom noticed the devil horns in the crowd and felt his face heat up as he walked closer to them. The crowd of people walked out of their way, making a circle around the two men. Tom and Tord bowed to each other. "May I have this dance?" Tord asked, seeing the other man nod. The orchastra started to play and the room teemed with music. Tord and Tom took hands and Tord put his right hand on Tom's side while Tom put his hand on Tord's shoulder. This was a little awkward for Tom, for he never danced with anyone, unless you count his parents, before. Then again, Tom has never been to anything real fancy, like a ball, before either.