Chapter 15

Again, Tom had gone through the market street. This time buying additions for his stepfamily's outfits and rooms. 'Ugh... This list is ridiculous.' He had thought to himself, knowing it will take the whole day to find them. He heard his feet scrapping on the dirt road, people chattering and bumping into each other. He kept most of his head lowered, in case some people could recgonized his face from that incredible night. All of a sudden, Tord's face popped to his mind and his cheeks heated up. All Tom did was smile from ear to ear, he didn't know why the prince made him so happy but he didn't necessarliy care either.  Tom imagined himself with the prince. 'What would he think of the real me?' he had questioned himself. Suddenly the toot of twenty trumpets interrupted his thoughts, Tom turned towards the sound and the Duchess walked out. "Here he, Here he! One and all." She called, summoning everyone towards even Tom was pushed her way. "Our new King is finally going to do an entire search for the mysterious man with the dashing eyes he had danced with. If you knew him, or are him please don't be afraid to come forward." She bowed and left back to the castle, my face flustered and reddened soon after. He's looking for me, their looking for me. I quickly ran home as fast as my legs could take me. Once I got to the house I didn't even hesitate when my stepbrothers yelled at me, I just ran into my room and pulled up wooden plank. I opened my special box and... It was gone. There was no coat inside. My bear had a tear in his arm and some stuffing was taken out. There were shreads of my song book decorating him and even the small painting of my parents and me was scratched on. "W-who-" I started to whimper. "Are you looking for this?" A deepened voice came from the looming shadows of the attic. Tom heard footsteps sicronizing with the beating of his heart as the man walked forward. Tom saw a dark green color and black and he gulped. Eduardo came out with a disappointing glare, he was holding Tom's coat. "It's quite marvelous material. Now tell me, did you steal it?" Eduardo had asked. "No! I-"
"Then where did you get it?" his voice had risen with rage. Tom exhaled the breath he had been holding and calmed. "It was given to me." Eduardo laughed at this like it was the best joke he had ever heard. "Given to you!! Who would give such a lovely suit to a loser like you?" He glared down at Tom, smirking deviously. Tom looked up at the man and pumped his chest, with a small growl. Why couldn't Eduardo just leave him alone? "Now, let's cut to the chase. When you marry the prince, you will bring Jon and Mark and marry them off to royal princesses or duchesses and for me...you will crown me your royal advisor. I'll show that boy how to run this kingdom." That was it, Tom couldn't tale it. "He is not a boy. He is a grown full of courage and kindness like a king should be!" Tom huffed and Eduardo turned around. "That boy had already put his kingdom in danger for the lowlife of a server boy with creepy eyes." Tom tried to stand tall, but Eduardo visibly scared him. After years of beating and yelling , you'ld think he wouldn't be so scared anymore. "We will turn this in and you will do exactly as I say." Eduardo said, about to close the door. "No." Tom's hands were balled into fists and he didn't even look at Eduardo. "What?"

"I won't let you. I rather stay here and let you rein down on me than let you show true terror to this kingdom. No matter what, I will protect my home even from the likes of my stepfather!" Tom stated, feeling above Eduardo for once. "Fine. We'll see how long you survive." Eduardo said, ripping the coat into pieces before leaving the room. Tom fell to his knees.