Chapter 14

A week had gone by and the King laid in his bed, unable to move. He was slowly dying, his son stayed by his side trying to take in every moment. "Father..." Tord whimpered a bit, sitting at his father's bedside. The king's hand made it to his son's cheek in a reassuring way. "Son, let me tell you something." Tord looked down to his dad. "You mother, the queen." Tord then scoffed, "Yes, dad. I know she was a princess..."
"Not that, my boy. It was that my parents placed me to wed someone else. The princess of Erendell, but I refused." Tord's eyes widen, this was the first time he ever heard this story. "Your mother was the princess of an enemy kingdom, but we fell in love the moment we engaged in combat. She was incredible. I had no choice in my parents', so I ran away." This was the first time Tord, ever heard his father confess to anything and sighed, remembering his mother. The princess of Norway, which explained his accent. "We married and came back to the kingdom, it was when it need a king and queen, so we were accepted. That's what I want for you Tord. Don't marry because I told you so..." Tord looked at his father straight in the face with widened eyes. "Marry for love." He gasped and let his eyelids fall to sleep. Tord silently left the room, tears threatening to fall down his face. His father had accepted him, and that mad ehim feel stronger than ever.

After the king's death in his slumber, he was finally put to rest in the royal gardens. Tord looked over what was now his kingdom. He had commanded his guards to go out and search for his loved one, but the Duchess would forbaid it. "No!! You already have enough on your plate and the kingdom was to be certain-"
"Certain of an heir to the throne. Yes, I have heard this from you a thousand times in my life." There was luckily one day where our prince convinced her otherwise. "Times have changed and now that your superior,my father, had accepted me for how I am then I'm going to stay this way." The Duchess scoffed at his remarks and felt a light shine in her head. "Of course. But if we don't find this mysterious prince, do you promise to marry the princess of Italy?" Paul and Patryck looked Tord's way, Tord gulped and hesitated. He slowly nodded, "Fine, but you must search far and wide for him!" The duchess bowed with a small smirk on her face, "Definitely my Leese." She had left the room, leaving Paul, Patryck, and the new King. The king which had gone to tears, he felt like he had given up on his only love. Patryck came up to comfort him and Pual looked out the door to make sure no one else was coming in. "Why did I do that?" Tord cried into Patryck's chest, Pat rubbed circles on his king's back. "shh. calm down, You did it because it was the only way to find him." he reassured Tord, and his king looked up, rubbing his red eyes. "He's right, I would had done the same thing if it was Patryck." Paul stated from the tall, locked doors. Tord saw a light blush on his friends' cheeks; he's known of their crushes since the begining. They're the reason he found out about what was "wrong" with himself and now they were the closest ones he had to family. "Thank...you..." Tord had said, leaning himself on Patryck's shoulder and Paul sat next to them. "We're leaving in the morning and won't be back until he has been found." he had said, then it was all silent.