Chapter 8

The pumpkin grew larger and larger, bulging from side to side as if it was mutating. "Is this what you wanted to happen?" Tom asked, anxious on what the pumpkin was going to do. "Well, not exactly. Like I said, this is my first time with a pumpkin." Tom whinced, and pulled Edd by the cloak to duck and cover. They watched as the pumpkin grew and grew, Matta and the other mice scampering behind Tom. Until finally the pumpkin seemed to blow, but there wasn't seeds falling or even orange goop. Instead, you see the green vines turning gold and the orange squash turn a silvery white. They watched as the vines wrapped around the squash and created seats around it, bright lines cutting through the pumpkin itself creating a door and windows. With a thud a carriage, an actual carriage fell to the dirt of the earth. "Wow" was all the words Tom could muster. "Hah, see easy peasy." Edd said, moving onto buissness. "Noe! Those friends of yours." Edd said, pointing to the mice now on Tom's shoulder. "Oh. Them. That's Matt, Cory, and Grace."
"Yes, well you may want to put them down." Tom took his friends off his should and place them on the ground in front of him. "Yes that's perfect. Bacon Cola!" Edd said, waving his pencil towards the mice. Like the pumpkin the mice bulged and grew, becoming three beautiful white stallions. Except Matt, he had a ginger mane instead of white. "This is incredible. You guys look incredible." Tom said, gushing towards all the wonder around him. Matt seemed to bow at the compliment and Tom bowed with him, snickering. "Perfect. What fine horse these mice make. Now onto the coachmen." Edd turned around, looking for something else. "Coachmen?" Tom asked, looking towards Edd. "Ahh, these lizards will do. Bacon Cola!" And with a wave the lizards started to grow like the mice, but instead their scales turned into tanned skin and their tails came together as tailcoats. Their limbs grew long and slim, and green suits and hats showed upon them. "G'day, young lad." The first one said, the completely looked like twins when you thought about it. "Yess!" Edd said, turning his hand into a fist of glee. "This is amazing." Tom watched Edd in awe, trying to process what was happening to him at the moment. "We're not done. We need a driver." Edd said, going to the stables. Tom asked himself why Edd turned the mice into hoarse, when they already had some. He heard Edd yell, "Bacon Cola!" and saw flashes of light from the last stable, his favorite horse's stable. Tom ran to past the wooden post, but he didn't see his Warm Dutch blood. Instead, there was a dark skinned woman in a navy blue suit, with white puff out cuffs. His small smiled, brightened the whole look as he stared at Tom's widened eyes. "You-you look incredible, Susan." She snorted at the compliment. "You shall go to the ball." Edd said, getting everyone in place. "Uh, Edd. What about my suit?" Tom asked. Edd turned around and thought with a "hmm."
"Can you fix it?" The green clad shook his head "Oh no. I'm going to make it something new."
"Oh, please don't. This was my father's suit and I want to wear it to the ball. It will be like, I'm bring him with me." Tom said, he black orbs seemed to gleam with light. "You wouldn't mind if I changednit a bit, though? A nice blue by chance?" Tom shook his head, saying he didn't mind. With the magic words "Bacon Cola!" and a wave of the pencil. Sparkling blue lights streamed around Tom, making him spin as the sparks fell upon him, changing his suit. Once the light had retreated, Tom was in a royal blue suit with a black and white checekered circle on the side of his shoulder. A royal blue top hat was placed upon his lightly spiked head and he had a smile like never before.