Green - 37

The hallways of Riverdale High were littered with discarded papers and broken pencils. The sound of lockers opening and closing was drowned out by the noise of teens talking, all of them so blissfully ignorant to all that was happening.

All of them, except for Alice, who was painfully aware of everything that was unraveling, watching as the small town became one of secrets and lies. 

The photographer walked with Betty and Kevin, the three of them walking together like a trio of old friends would.

"So, how'd it go with Chuck?" Kevin asked Veronica eagerly, as she chuckled lightly at his enthusiasm while putting her last book into the locker she was standing by.

"Chuck has muscles for days," said Veronica, "but his conversation is not the stuff of Oscar Wilde, or even Diablo Cody."

"That's just common sense, Ronnie," Alice told her, "Chuck is a player, and a jock. He's not going to want to have intellectual conversations."

Before Kevin could agree, a brunette girl called out, "Hey Veronica? How was the sticky maple you had last night?"

Alice's eyes widened as a confused Veronica replied, "The what now?"

The brunette rolled her eyes before replying, "The sticky maple that Chuck gave you? How was it?"

"We had a brownie sundae," Veronica said, "if that's what you hyenas mean."

"No... I don't think that's what they mean..." Alice said cautiously, and at the very same time Betty and Kevin's phones dinged.

Kevin pulled his phone from his jacket's pocket, looking at the notification on the glowing screen.

"Oh. My. God."

"What?" asked Veronica, before snatching it from Kevin's hands.

Veronica looked enraged as she slowly asked, "What is a sticky maple?"

Alice bit her lip as Kevin said, "It's kind of what it sounds like... It's a Riverdale thing."

"No, Kevin, it's a slut shaming thing," Veronica said, "And I'm neither a slut, not am I going to be shamed by someone named, excuse me, Chuck Clayton."

Alice grinned, Veronica was angry, and she would be lying if she said she wasn't the least bit interested in seeing what the girl would do.

"Does he really think he can get away with this?!" Veronica exclaimed, "Does he not know who I am? I will cut the brakes on his souped-up phallic symbol."

"Or, we can go to Principal Weatherbee," suggested Betty.

"Betty, Chuck is the coach's son. And he's on the football team. Weatherbee won't do anything about this," Alice told the blonde girl.

"Yeah, he's Riverdale High's resident golden boy," agreed Veronica.

"And or I can expose him in the pages of Blue and Gold.. yeah, I could do that!" Betty tried once more.

"No. Spoken like a true good girl who always follows the rules," Veronica said, shoving the phone back into Kevin's hands, and then linking arms with Alice. "Well, I don't follow the rules. I make them, and when necessary, I break them."

"You wanna help us get revenge on Chuck, Betty? Awesome," continued Veronica, as Betty hurried to chase after the two raven-haired girls who were moving quite quickly, "But you better be willing to go full dark, no stars."

"What do you say?" Alice asked, "In or out?"

Betty sighed, before following the two girls. She was in.

-woah! i'm back!-

-sorry if this chapter was a bit lame, I've been trying to write for the past two days but man, writers block is a b!tch-

-i've gotten some inspo tho, so i'm back... also if you follow me, you know there's some... eventful.... things coming soon-

-qotd: e-book or paper book?-

-aotd: as much as i love e-books, paper books are the absolute best!-

-thanks for reading! vote/comment/follow if you enjoyed-

EDIT: lowkey forgot to mention this but, if you're one of those ppl who's good at editing and you know how to make those fake instagram profiles (you know what i'm talking about) then please pm! <3