Chapter Seven

CHAPTER SEVEN

"Wow." he said as we pulled away from each other. "Not bad. I guess that mouth does serve other purposes besides being rude." 

I slapped his arm. "That meant absolutely nothing you hear me?" 

Even I didn't believe those words as they came out of my mouth. I hated to admit it, but Gbenga had started to grow on my. Not in a romantic way necessarily, but in a friendly way. He wasn't so bad once I actually got to have a civilized conversation with him that is. And being that I didn't really know anyone on campus yet, it was nice to have hime around. That didn't mean I liked him. I still found him to be a self-centered, egotistical goat. 

But that kiss...it was..wow. I don't think I'd ever been kissed like that by Dayo. It was filled with such passion and it felt pure and honest. It felt so real. 

From the minute we had stepped away from each other my mind had been swarming with all kinds of emotions. Annoyance, disgust, Happiness. I was angry at myself for allowing myself to even think about liking what had just happened. And who did he think he was just grabbing me and kissing me like that?

Gbenga put an arm around me as he moved me towards the direction of the cab he'd managed to flag down. "It's okay sweetheart, just continue to deny deny deny."

As I was working on editing the pictures we had taken earlier that day I came across a picture of him. He had told me this lame joke that I didn't find funny, but just found it so hilarious and couldn't stop laughing. As I was studying the picture I noticed just how amazing his smile actually was. He had such an attractive facial structure in general. I guess I could understand why so many girls lusted after him...but that ego. I just couldn't get past it. 

I forced myself to focus on finishing the project at hand but every now and then my mind would drift back to our kiss in the middle of the marked. I groaned loudly earning a look of annoyance from Khadijat. Just as I was about to apologize I heard my phone vibrate. It was a text from Gbenga.

Gbenga: Finished that project yet?

I rolled my eyed as I read the message. Why wasn't he here helping me with the project instead of asking me if I was done. Was I his maid? Even though I did deny his offer to follow me back to my dorm so we could work on it together I still expected him to have put of more of a fight when I rejected.

Me: Instead of texting me, you should have been here to help.

Gbenga: I offered tho sweethart..don't you remember?

Me: Whatever...its done anyways. See you in class tomorrow.

Gbenga: Alright then, cool.

As I was about to put my phone down I got another text from him.

Gbenga: And even if you didn't feel the same way. That kiss...it meant a whole lot to me.

My ears burned. What was he trying to say? Did he just admit to liking me? Was he just joking? What the hell did that text mean? Just when my mind had started to settle down, he does this. Why? There's no way Gbenga Daniels could like me.

Right?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

I finally got my textbooks, granted it was later than I had hoped for but late than never right?

We got an A on the photography project. I did a little happy dance when Professor Sam complimented my photos of the two young boys.