Chapter Fifteen

"It was because of you okay!" Seun screamed as he interrupted Dami. 

Dami immediately got quiet. What did he mean by saying it was because of her?

"Look," he continued. "Tonight's incident happened because of you. I stole some money from my dad to rent this suit for this evening and he found out."

"But why did you have to steal the money though? I never said you had to wear a suit." Dami said defensively. 

Seun laughed. "You don't need to tell me Dami. Its kind of expected. Have you seen the kind of people you associate with? They aren't your typical area boys and girls you know. And besides, I wanted to look good for you. After seeing you in that dress at the shop there's no way I would have cut it in a plain dress shirt and pants." He hesitated. "I wanted you to be proud to walk in there with me."

"Seun. I wouldn't have asked you to come with me if i was anything close to being ashamed of you. How could you even think that?" She was genuinely surprised to hear Seun say this. He normally exuded such confidence in himself, this was a new side of him she had yet to see. 

"Well your level of people aren't exactly the welcoming type. I wanted to make a good impression on them too."

Dami rolled her eyes. "Abeg, even I can't stand them most of the time. Trust me when I tell you they're not worth your effort." She moved closer to him. "I asked you to come with me because I like having you around, and honestly you're better company than they are. I don't think I would have had even the slightest bit of fun if you didn't come with me."

"But I ruined your night." He mumbled. 

"Look, that's not the point. What I'm trying to say is that you didn't need to put yourself in danger simply because you were trying to impress me or anyone else. Your fine just the way you are. Even more than fine honestly. And I have no problem with who you are, please, believe me when I say that." 

Seun smiled as they fell into a comfortable silence. 

"You're some kind of perfect you know."

Dami laughed. "Abeg. I'm a mess."

"A perfect mess."

She laughed once again as she leaned her head against his shoulder.