Chapter Six

After an amazing early breakfast made by Lexa, Mark came down stairs and slumped in his chair. It took him a few minutes before he totally woke up and realized I was there.

“Whoa! You’re here early!” he chuckled, “couldn’t stay away could you?”

“No, I was here all night.” I replied. “I tried waking you up but someone is a heavy sleeper and keeps his door locked.”

“Why were you here all night? Not that I’m not thrilled because I am, but, that’s not normal for you.”

    I looked over to Lexa with pleading eyes, really not wanting to tell him and she smiled and nodded. She told him exactly what I told her, he glanced at me constantly with sad looks and I just looked away.

    Once Lexa was done reciting the story Mark stood up and walked around the table to me. He picked me up bridal style and hugged me to his chest. I heard him sniffle a bit and his breathing was irregular. I petted his hair and I felt tears run down my face.

“I’m so sorry you had to go through that…” he mumbled into my hair.

“I’m okay now Mark, I won’t have to leave ever again. We can live life together forever.” I smiled through my tears.

“But you went through so much pain.” He sobbed.

“It’s already over now, there’s no going back. What’s done is done and yes it happened but now we are together, and I won’t have to deal with that anymore.”

    He gently set me down but held onto my hand. I wiped the tears off his face as he did with mine. I pecked him on the lips and smiled. He turned to Jason and Lexa.

“I want Blaire to move into my room, I know you may be worried we may do foolish things but I want to make sure she’s safe with me 24/7 and I can’t handle the thought of her in her own room no matter how close it is to mine, she either sleeps in my arms or I don’t sleep.” He stated.

“I completely agree with this decision and I do think it is best, just as long as Blaire is okay with this” Lexa turned to me.

    I nodded violently, I may have seemed childish but I was hoping it would happen as I didn’t feel safe sleeping alone anymore.

“Then it’s decided! Blaire moves into Mark’s room tonight, for every night onward.” Jason spoke.

“Should I go get my stuff? Like clothes and such?” I asked.

“That would be a good idea but if you want we can do it later.” Mark replied.

“I think we should just get it over with so I don’t have to do it very last minute. You know?”

“okay, I’ll help!”

    We both walked up to my room and into my closet. I took all the hangers off the bar and placed all the clothes on my bed. We took every article of clothing we could find in the closet and brought in to Mark’s room where we then organized and cleaned his closet and made room for my stuff.

    A few clothing all fights and a giant mess of clothes later and we had completely finished putting my stuff in his closet. I quickly put my toiletries in their distinct area in the bathroom before, finally, we were done.

    I had changed into a tank top and a long circle skirt and I sat on the deck of the pool as mark Lexa and Jason swam around. I had my bathing suit on under my clothes but I just relaxed and soaked up the sun.

“Come in Blaire, have some fun!” Mark called to me.

“Mark, I have forever to have fun, I just need to relax a bit.” I giggled.