Book 1: Chapter 31

"Nervous?" Jack asked. Ryder looked up at the gym as he took a deep breath his stomach was twirling. Fighting type was going to be the most difficult battle yet. He could feel his whole body shivering.

"No, but..." He said turning to look at Emma and Izzy as they ate their candies. Emma looked up at Ryder as she had a handful of candy ready to go into her mouth as Izzy chomped away at her own in her hand.

"What?" Emma asked with a half full mouth before stuffing more in.

"That's disgusting." Ryder stated. Frogadier struck his shoulder and waved his finger at him accusingly.

"Thank you, Frogadier." Emma stated as she grabbed more. Even Frogadier shook at the sight before looking back up at the gym.

"You ready?" Ryder asked the frog as it nodded its head.

"Okay, let's do this." Jack stated as the group walked into the gym and through the main doors. Korrina spun around the battle arena on her skates and jumping onto the rails along the side.

"Hello?" Ryder asked catching the leader off guard making her fall over. Her lucario jumped down from where he sat and rushed over to her. Helping her to her feet after the fall a few feet forward.

"Hi. Thanks, Lucario." Korrina stated as she fixed her helmet. Skating up to the arena she stopped in front of Ryder.

"You a challenger?" She asked as Ryder nodded.

"Yah."

"Great! Come on Lucario!!" She yelled as she skated over to her position. The ref called for a three on three battle, this was going to be difficult.

"Alright, let's go Mienfoo!" Korrina called as the pokemon came out swinging. It was ready for the battle, much more ready than he was. He spun the pokeball in his hand before tossing it up into the air.

Leafeon gave a small call as he looked at the fighting type across from it. His ears lowered as he gave a soft growl shifting his mind to fighting. A flick of his tail and he was ready to go.

"Swift." Korrina shouted as Ryder smiled.

"Match it!" Leafeon leapt into the air dodging the incoming stars. Sending his own flying, he barely missed the pokemon.

"Force palm!"

"Keep it away from you, quick attack." Ryder shouted as Leafeon dodged around Mienfoo with great speed. His feet almost didn't touch the ground.

"Catch it."

"Knock it back with swift." The stars flew backwards striking the pokemon in the arms as he blocked half of the attack.

"Stay on it and use drain punch."

"Counter with leaf blade." Leafeon's tail began to glow. It made contact with the pokemon's glowing fist as the small traces of health flew from Leafeon.

"Get away from it." Ryder shouted as Leafeon charged away from the fighter.

"Oh, no you don't. High jump kick."

"Swift on the ground." The stars flew down striking the ground making the field go grey with the cloud of dust. Mienfoo, leapt forward into the dust where he had last seen Leafeon. But he had miss calculated and struck the ground before rolling out of the cloud.

"Mienfoo! You okay." Korrina called to the pokemon as it nodded before looking up at the cloud.

"Swift." Stars flew from the dust striking Mienfoo from many directions.