Chapter Five

"Well, that's as far as the rest of my cash takes us." Miles said as the cab drives away. The driver dropped us off at what seems to be a saloon or bar of some sort.

We stood by a bunch of old crates and trash bins, Miles pacing around, suddenly his phone rings causing him to jump in surprise. He takes his phone out and checks it, and his expression reads it all.

"Crap." He said with his voice cracking with worry.

"It's Dave isn't it?" I asked. He nodded.

"Video chat." He added.

"Oh,no!" Theo exclaims pulling his hair.

"What do we do?!" Simon asked worriedly.

"Well, we can't just ignore it." Alvin said.

"But if we answer it then what do you think Dave and my mom would think when they see us standing in front of a bunch of trash cans in the middle of nowhere?!" Miles said.

"He's right guys. We can't answer it." I said. The munks looked at each other then sighed and nodded. Miles just left his phone next to the munks until it stopped ringing.

"So, what now?" Alvin asked.

"Well it's getting dark. We should probably get inside." Theodore said pointing to the bar.

"But we aren't 18. How do we get in?" I asked.

"Psh. It should be fine. We'll just lie about our age." Miles said confidently and walked towards the bar. I shrugged and grabbed the chipmunks and followed him into the bar.

--------------------------------------------------------

"Sorry fellas. 18 and up only." The big man who seemed to be the manager of the bar said stopping us from entering.

"We're 18." Miles said confidently.

"Oh really? Okay baby face, let's see your ID." The big man said. Miles' face went red and nervously chuckled.

"I ahem I left it in my other pants." He stuttered.

"Ha nice try. Now, unless you have proof that your 18 and higher, hit the road." The man said crossing his arms.

"But please sir. It's cold and dark outside." Theodore pleaded with chipmunk eyes.

"Sorry. I have a bar to run and I have no time to babysit a bunch of kids. Plus the band I hired hasn't even arrived yet so I'm pretty busy. So good day to you guys." He said and started pushing us out.

"Wait sir! Do you desperately need a band now?" I asked and he stopped pushing. "Do you consider singing chipmunks?" I asked.

"Wait, you guys really know the chippettes?" He asked getting excited. I face palmed then gestured to the boys.
"What? Them?" He asked unsure. I nodded.
"I'm going to have to say no. I don't accept unprofessional singers. Good bye!" He said and was about to give us a shove until someone called out to him causing him to turn back.

"Hey Chuck! I see you've found my pals. I've been looking for you guys." A young man (played by: Grant Gustin) who seemed to be in his early twenties said and put his arm around me and pulled me close. He was tall so I looked up at him and gave him a confused look. He just mouthed a 'Just go with it' and I shrugged and played along. In the corner of my eye could see Miles glaring at him.

"Yeah heh you've found us. Just in time too." I said smiling.

"Wait, you guys are Luke's friends?" The man asked and we nodded. "Well, why didn't you say so! I could've thrown you guys out! Go on in then, enjoy yourselves. Any friend of Luke's is a friend of mine. Drinks are on me!" He said and pushed the lot of us inside.