Day 1

Ladies and Gentleman, let the 34th Hunger Games begin! 60,59, 58, 57, 56,55, 54, 53, 52, 51, 50...........3, 2, 1, Go!!! And here we go, people, the bloodbath. There goes Madilyn and David from District 1, running toward the Cornucopia and already they have weapons and supplies! The arena this year is a huge forest covering 3/4ths of the arena, with a huge valley spanning the rest. Anyway, there goes Mary, Gabby, Kade, Taylor, Devan, Chris, and, oh....., Maddie just stabbed Aiden in the back. That's how fast people die in this game. Already one down! Now that we've had a death, we should see how the rest are doing. Lily, Liam, Mark, Ellie, Sam, Trevor, and Molly are running through the woods, trying hard to not get killed. Oh my word, look! Lily and Liam, our two youngest tributes, are about to run into each other. There is sure to be a death! And here we go, bam!!!!!! Wait, could an alliance be forming here, yes!!!! They're shaking hands, but we still need to take a peek at the bloodbath! Since we left, we have had five more deaths. Gabby has been shot through the heart by Devan and Taylor was speared in the leg by Madilyn. She is sure to deteriorate and die soon. The other three were all killed by an explosive thrown by David. Those were Tyler, Emma, and Maddie. After gathering some supplies, the tributes Madilyn, David, Kade, Riley, Alyza and Devan have also formed an alliance and fled into the valley with a huge stock of weapons, food, water, and other supplies. Liam and Lily have found a suitable hiding place, and Lily is climbing a tree to keep watch for now. Sam is still hiking through the woods, going up a hill, exhausted. Unknown to him, Ellie is coming up the other side of the hill, with a homemade spear at the ready. It looks like there could be a big battle. Sam seems to have seen Ellie and is running away. And here we go, the first big chase of the games this year. Sam tries to jump over a log, but trips. As he struggles to his feet, El draws closer and closer. Sam starts off running again, but comes to a huge lake, hidden by the canopy of trees, and is stuck. He turns around to face Ellie, but she jumps into the lake and starts swimming. What Sam doesn't know is that Gabe was chasing El as she ascended the hill. Someone must die now, it's been so long!!! And, oh!!! Sam jumps into the water just as Gabe throws a knife, dodging an almost certainly fatal shot. Sam is swimming toward the central island and El is already there, positioning her spear for a throw, but wait, what is this, Lily and Liam, our two youngest, are intervening. Lily is begging her district partner not to harm them. Gabe unexpectedly gives in and retreats. Meanwhile at the Cornucopia, Logan and Eaden are battling it out, and Chris and Mary are struggling over boxes of food. More deaths are going to occur, almost certainly. Yep, I was right, Eaden has used a mace to knock out Logan, and Chris has driven a spear through his heart. As Mary runs off with a huge crate of supplies, Eaden takes down Chris with her bare hands and has overtaken him within seconds. With her being the last one standing in the Cornucopia, the cannons start to go off. 1,2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8! The big group of tributes from the wealthier districts have set up camp in the valley around a long river. Meanwhile, in the woods, Mary is setting up camp by the lake that Sam, Ellie, Liam, and Lily had claimed. Lily is up in the tree, watching for Sam to finish fishing and making sure that the fish he had caught with a sharp stick are safe to eat. Liam is hunting in the woods with Ellie, and Mary has seen them!!!! She is sneaking up around on Sam but Lily is good. She holds up her slingshot and pulls it back, and she has let go!! The rock flies through the air and misses by a fraction of an inch. Mary shrieks, and Sam turns around with his stick held up in a defensive stance. Lily has let loose a short, sharp 3 note whistle, and unexpectedly a chorus of the same melody rings through the forest. Almost immediately Liam and El rush out of the woods, with their handmade swords at the ready. Mary starts to circle around, holding her sharp iron sword at the ready. Lily jumps out of the tree and starts swimming toward the beach. Mary is setting down her sword on a rock, and backing away. As Lily pulls herself onto the shore near Mary's box of supplies, Mary asks them if she can join their alliance. Sam and Elagree, but Liam is suspicious. She could've easily killed them all. Lily and Sam work on building a raft to carry the large box of supplies to the island. Will it work, oh, yes it does. A successful trip with no deaths. Oh, but there might be soon. Deep in the woods, Eaden and Molly are slowly drawing closer together.

     They have no idea how close they are to each other, and they are drawing closer with every step. And here we go, Molly has seen Eaden and is chasing her. Eaden is hurriedly climbing a nearby tree, but Molly is following. She reaches up and grasps for Eaden's foot, and misses, she grabs for it again and she's got it!!!! She tugs hard on her foot, and her foot just slipped!! She tumbles head over heels toward the ground, and a cannon goes off. It looks like we have another death! Eaden is balancing tenderly on the tree branch, and she fell too!!!! It looks like she is going to die too. Oh, nevermind!!!! Gabe caught her as she tumbled toward the ground, and she jumps immediately out of his arms! As she starts running away, Gabe follows her stealthily. Gabe follows her to her camp. Eaden is climbing a tree in the middle of a clearing, and ties Molly's bag up with the other supplies she got from the Cornucopia. She is fastening her sleeping bag into position and, oh!!! Gabe has thrown a spear, narrowly missing Eaden. Eaden turns around and throws an explosive at Gabe. Boom! Another dead!!!!! Eaden is settling down into her sleeping bag leaning on a huge round branch. Meanwhile the career alliance, as the other tributes call them, is setting up a huge pile of food and supplies around their camp. First up on guard duty, it seems, is Riley. She sits with a sword shakingly in her hands and settles down into the grass. The rest are going to sleep comfortably in their many blankets and pillows. The Lake alliance, as they're called, are setting up their camp too. With one trunk of supplies and a couple bags or two, they are sitting around the tree on the island, getting ready for bed. Lily is up in the tree again, keeping lookout. The rest settle down into flimsy sleeping bags. Mark is sleeping with nothing to keep warm in a cave near the edge. Trevor, who we haven't seen much of yet, is hiding inside the Cornucopia with a few meager supplies left over by earlier fighters. Up in the sky the anthem plays, while the faces of the fallen tributes are displayed. Aiden, Gabby, Taylor, Tyler, Emma, Maddie, Gabe, Molly, Logan and Chris, and that marks the end of the first day.