entry #7

7:17pm friday october 4th 1988 

j.d. really must of thought that i needed him or something because he really tried getting me back? i sit at home, hearing a knock at the door. maria stands in the doorway, wearing all red.

"what in the hell are you doing here?"

"madeline, that is not the way to greet someone." my mother decides to butt in on my conversation.

"i thought you would want to talk, about everything that has been happening."

i smack her across the face, knowing she was completely full of shit with the fake act.

"madeline!" 

i was ready for the speech i was going to get from my parents as they get maria an ice pack. 

"i'm so sorry, maria. i don't know what was going through my head." i lie out of my teeth, something i can thank j.d. for.

we both head up to my room and turn on the radio show that everyone listens to and we hear a familiar voice, it was edna.

"i think i'm cursed, my parents are getting a divorce and the last person i had sex with killed himself."

maria begins to laugh, and i really was thinking about smacking her again. she was being a real bitch. i guess that was her new job now, take shelley's place. she was wearing red and all. there was something up with her, why did j.d. ask her to run around with a petition right after i broke up with him? she's probably just trying to get in his pants, she after all is just a whore.

----

12:03am saturday october 5th 1988

i can't sleep knowing what is going through his mind, i can just imagine what he is thinking right now. i feel as if we are connected. i grab my phone, sitting on the bedside table, and dial the sacred number. it rings twice until i hear his groggy voice on the other end.

"madeline, what are you doing calling me so late?" i could tell he was trying to sleep, the tiredness in his voice.

"j.d., come over please. i need you. i miss you." i sounded like a stupid little girl asking her mother for some ice cream.

"hmm, what did i tell ya? they always come back."

"don't think just because i'm calling you late at night that i want you back."

"that's exactly what you want, darling. you need me, remember?" he hangs up the phone as i hear his motorcycle roar.

what was i thinking? he wasn't good for me, and i knew it. i couldn't control myself around him, and he knew that. i must've fallen asleep waiting because i was startled when i felt him slip into bed next to me, playing with my hair.

"hey, hey. it's alright, just go back to sleep. i'm right here." 

"why are you doing this?"

"because, after everything we've been through, i know you need someone and i need someone too."