Chapter 10: Pajama-Positions

The next day passed fairly quietly, with us making plans about the hike, the cabin where we'd stay and after dinner we all retired to our rooms early to pack.

On reaching the room, I questioned Nate, "you think he suspects us at all?"

"So far, I don't think so, I think we're doing a pretty good job of convincing them. But I was thinking we'd have to search the villa when we come back, make sure they don't plant any bugs in the rooms or any hidden cameras."

Nate had called Parker and informed him about the exact days and was now searching for a way to discard the phone. He looked at me and I thought about one option where we could guarantee it would be lost, but I felt guilty about actually doing it. We couldn't risk throwing it into a bin for them to find it and definitely could not burn it. Although a campfire on the sand did sound appealing.

I saw him start walking out onto the sand having the same idea as me, and I followed him looking up the house to make sure there was no one observing us. There were cameras on the outside of the property, but not near to us and we would just have to hope they would not notice the phone. Giving him the go ahead, the phone was disposed of within seconds. We then both went our separate ways, pulling out clothes and packing for the four-day trip.

After finishing, I sat on the sofa, turning on the television, not really focusing on the movie which was showing. I was thinking about the mission and if there was any way I would be able to get closer to Kristina. Maybe there was something we could bond over, get her to open up to me, some topic that could make her slip up, hint to me whether she knew of Emilio's dealings and how much of it. She was generally talkative and friendly, the total opposite of Emilio, who I had zero intentions of getting closer to. I guess it is true what they say, that opposites attract.

So absorbed in my thoughts, I didn't notice Nate exit the bathroom until he started walking towards me. I did however; notice his state of undress, clad only in pajama bottoms, no t-shirt this time. His bare chest was on display and my eyes really did not want to deprive themselves of this magnificence. He sat right next to me on the sofa, "What you watching?"

"Um..I have no idea, " I stated with a confused expression. He looked at me with his eyebrows drawn together, taking the remote to search the channels for something to watch. His chest moved up and down as he laughed a little, at me I presumed. The muscles of his stomach rippled, my eyes drawing to the muscles tapering into a V shape, disappearing under his pajama pants. I had the strangest longing to feel all of those muscles under my fingers and my lips, wondering if they would feel as smooth as they looked. Since last night I hadn't stopped thinking about the way his touch felt, so warm and right, just enough for comfort and not enough to smother.

"This ok?" he asked, referring to the show on the TV.

I snapped out of my thoughts, and nodded quickly, trying to hide the blush that was evident on my face and the way my body warmed. He looked at me strangely then turned away, both of us settling into a comfortable silence, with me trying to remove all thoughts of him and his bare chest from my mind.

......

A little while after Emily dozed off, her head sliding down onto his shoulder and during her sleep she had curled up into him.

Nate studied her peaceful expression and didn't have the heart to wake her, stretching his legs out, he shifted her to rest comfortably on his chest and covered her with the blanket. He'd hoped she wouldn't mind, she hadn't pushed him away yesterday, but that was a different story altogether. She'd looked so tired tonight, and he didn't have the heart to wake her. The stress was getting to her, he'd see her worried face every day, it kept her from restful sleep and now she was sleeping as soundly as a baby, her quiet breaths tickling at his chest. Before he knew it he had fallen asleep too, the sound of the TV show in the background.

Emily awakened to the sound of crashing waves, she jumped, in her sleepy state, but realized that she couldn't move, what was this weight on her, surely she wasn't that tired? The night was cold but she felt an intense heat, this wasn't her bed was it? Her bed wasn't so hard and heated.

Did I roll off the bed?

Wiggling around, she ran her hands on the smooth surface, trying to hold on to her sleepy state, not wanting to open her eyes as yet.

On hearing a groan, she stilled.. Gasping, she came to her senses, she had fallen asleep on him! And cuddled up to him throughout the night and he had held her. His leg and arms being the weight that was holding her down. She blushed scarlet as the realization hit her, it was his stomach she ran her hands on, the smooth skin, definitely was not the floor and definitely felt as smooth as it looked. She wasn't sure if she should praise the Gods or feel embarrassed that her secret question had been answered.

Her face felt like it was on fire, her heartbeat speeding up with the position they were in. She raised her head slowly, fearing that she had awakened him and set up herself for one awkward moment but instead she saw his serene face contently slumbering, the light from the TV illuminating his high cheekbones and prominent jaw.

She tried moving but he just groaned and tightened his hold on her, hugging her the same way she saw he hugged his pillow at night. She once again was able to feel the muscles of his chest like the night before, was this going to be a daily occurrence? Because she didn't think her heart could take it, especially this bare version. Why hadn't he put on a t-shirt? Then she wouldn't be so conflicted as to whether she should wake him or not.

She eventually resigned and rested her head back down, struggling to clear her mind and to calm her heartbeat while enjoying the feel of his taut muscles under her as he breathed.

..........

Hey everyone! Hope you're enjoying the book so far! Took a little long to upload this one i think..but my schedule is so hectic! Had to get a presentation out of the way..Phew! This chapter is a little shorter than the others but i'll make up for it in the next ;) :)

Please vote, comment, share!

Sam Melody :) <3