Chapter 11: The Adventure Begins: Water Revel-ations

The next day, Emilio arranged to have their stuff dropped off at the cabin and they proceeded to the hiking trail. They were to be dropped off at the side of the main road, where the trail leading the waterfall began. They hiked on mostly flat trail. Emilio led the way, followed by Kristina, then Emily and Nathan. Nate stayed to the back, close to Emily, making sure she was okay and keeping an eye on Emilio and Kristina.

He glanced at Emily, despite the tension of the mission, she seemed content to be out in nature, she didn't try to shy away from it, as many women would do. Clad in her sneakers, short tan pants and white jersey, she was a sight to behold, his eyes drawing to her legs whenever they climbed a rock or crossed a stream.

After about half hour they came to a beautiful waterfall, which fell from about twenty feet above from another pool at the top, onto large rocks, distributing the flow of the water. There were a few people in the pool, but seemed to be less busy than the pools higher up and they decided to stay. The clear water reflected the colours of the mountain and the greenery surrounding. They hiked across some rocks to find a flat one where they could sit.

Nate was most excited to jump into the water, his face showing utter happiness at just the sight of it. Emily couldn't help but share his enthusiasm, although she was nervous about the purpose of this trip, she decided she might as well enjoy herself a little, and it may help with their cover, if they seemed as genuine as possible. She sat down, looking at the other persons, trying to figure out if she recognized any of them as being police officers or FBI agents, but came up blank.

EMILY:

Rocks towered above, entrapping the water in cove surrounded the waterfall pool. The pool narrowed coming closer to the waterfall and there was a little spot of calm behind the falling water, which the cave enclosed.

Nate came up to me and whispered in my ear, "I hope you brought a bikini," with a wink. He stood up, discarding his shirt and shoes, then dived into the water. He swam to the next side and came back to our rock, stopping to grin at me. I wanted to throw something at him for being so cheeky.

His hair lopping onto his forehead and water droplets racing down his body. He moved his hair and stretched his hand out to me. I shook my head no at him. He feigned mock hurt, and a mischievous glint came into his eyes, he started walking out of the water and I started retreating away from him to safety. He ran up to me and grabbed me around the waist lifting me up, his wet clothes and skin against me.

I squealed, "Put me down!"

"Nope!" came his defiant reply

Damn he's strong; I'm in trouble.

He started walking into the water with me and I shouted, "fine fine, you win! I'll come in! Don't wet my clothes, let me change"

He put me back down on the rock and I turned to Kristina and Emilio both observing us, Kristina laughing and Emilio just looked...well like Emilio. I was learning to ignore him a little I think. She turned to him saying a few words, to which he just nodded. Nate blocked them from my view, inciting me to hurry up.

I grumbled at him, and proceeded to pull off my jersey. Luckily I had worn a two-piece bikini underneath, it was the navy blue with tiny polka dots. It was fairly modest; being high waisted and the top didn't allow my cleavage to spill out. There were two straps with a hook at the back, and a cute bow at the front, between the two under wired cups.

I raised the jersey over my head and his eyes fell to my chest but just for a split second, as he looked back up to my face quickly. I then started unbuttoning my shorts, holding eye contact with him, as I didn't dare look over to Emilio and Kristina. I was thankful for him blocking me and although I'm shy around Nate I preferred it be his eyes than the creepy ones of Emilio.