Something Great

Hello! I hope you enjoy this chapter! It took me ages to get past the writer's block to write it. Hopefully, you'll be satisfied with the ending--I think it's rather sweet (: There will be some impending drama, so stay tuned! xx Lennie (:

After I rang Everly, I sent Zayn to go and get her. They both came in soaked from the rain. Zayn led her to us and she rushed to me with tears filling her light brown eyes.

“I’m sorry for everything,” she cried. “I was just trying to help you two become friends again—I didn’t want to break up with him. It seemed like the only way to help. I’m so sorry!”

“It’s okay, Ev,” I assured her. “He told me to tell you that he loves you and he didn’t want you to think that he didn’t in case something happens to him.”

“But he’s, like, alive, right?” she asked. “He’s okay? And nothing will happen to him?”

“He should be fine.”

“He has to be fine.” Anne came out leaning on my mum heavily. She looked at Ev sadly.

“You can go ahead in, love,” she said to Ev weakly. “He’s been asking for you for hours.” I squeezed her hand reassuringly and she took a deep breath before walking in.

Everly

I had no idea how much pain my heart could feel until Perrie called me and told me that Harry had been in an accident. After I told her that I was on my way, I dropped the phone and started crying. Of course I didn’t want to break up with him. That was a given. But I had to make sure that he and Perrie could become friends again. I had tried and tried but with no success and the fight at my house that night had set everything off. All the times I had failed in trying to make them friends again made me want to scream at someone and it just happened to be him.

If I could take it all back, I would. I would apologize for every word that made him feel anything other than loved. The night before, I had wished that he would get out of my life—I didn’t mean it. Not at all. I felt remorseful for even thinking it. I cursed it for even thinking about it.

Perrie’s boyfriend came to pick me up since I didn’t know how to drive here in England. I bit my nails and bounced my leg as his sleek black car sped quietly through the street.

“You want something to eat or a water or something?” he asked politely as he pulled into a McDonald’s. “Perrie was hungry but she doesn’t like KFC anymore.”

“I’m not that hungry.”

“Are you sure? I wouldn't recommend the food in the hospital canteen. Come on, I insist. What do you want? McNuggets or something?” He ordered some plus some fries and a Coke before ordering for Perrie, her mum and brother, and Harry’s family. I felt bad for going along with Harry’s feelings toward him. He was a very nice guy and I could tell how protective he was of people. He made sure that I ate because he said that I looked a little pale to him. He kept a picture of Perrie laughing on his dashboard and I wondered why I ever doubted his feelings toward her.

“Is he okay?” I asked quietly. He pressed his lips together and tapped the steering wheel lightly.

“Let’s just get there,” he said softly. He glanced at me warily. “You like him a lot, don’t you? I can see it in your eyes.”

“Yeah,” I smiled fondly. “I do like him a lot. More than a lot. The most lot you can imagine.” He laughed a bit.

"I could tell," he chuckled.

 The rest of the ride was only about five minutes but it felt like forever. We walked into the hospital carrying all of the food and he led me down the hall where I saw Perrie sitting quietly. I instantly regretted the mean texts I’d sent her and rushed to her. She let me run into her arms while I apologized over and over again. Soon, though, Harry’s mom left the room and it was time for me to go in. I let go of Perrie’s hand and entered to find my boyfriend lying bandaged and broken on the bed before me.