A Maze of Emotion

"... And since that time, I have been locked in this castle. I have been injected more times than I can count. Nothing happens because I am immune," I concluded my story.

"You're immune?" Leon asked, disbelief written all over his face.

"I know it is hard to believe, but I am immune. I swear, if the chance comes, I will prove it to you," I promised.

"Do you know how to get rid of the parasite?" he asked.

"No. I have never known it to be possible to rid yourself of it."

"Damn," he cursed quietly. I cocked my head to the side.

"Why?"

"I... they injected me with it."

"That is not good. That is very bad. How long ago?" I was very concerned.

"A couple hours ago. I'm good, don't worry about it," he tried to assure me.

"If you say so," I replied, unconvinced that he was really alright. "We should continue then."

I pushed through the door and Leon followed me.

'Leon's been injected? His stubbornness must be keeping him from turning into a mindless being," I thought to myself.

"Hey, something wrong?" he asked, turning me from my thoughts.

"No, I am simply thinking. This other girl, was she also a carrier of the Plagas?" I asked as I led him through a corridor. A corridor I had walked many times before.

"Yeah, she is," Leon confirmed.

"Why do they need the President's daughter?"

"Saddler wants to do what every bad guy dreams about. Taking over the world. He wants to start with the U.S." Leon explained. I nodded in understanding. We soon were outside, a welcome relief to myself. Anything to be outside the castle, even if only for a short time.

"Where are you taking us?" Leon asked as we passed through a large set of doors. Ramon's maze stood before us, still as intimidating as I remember.

"There is a quicker way to get to her this way," I explained.

"Not through the maze, I hope."

"No, through here..." my voiced trailed off as the way we needed to go sat before us. The door locked. Two emblems were needed to be placed into a recessed area.

"Yes, you may need to go through the maze," I said, taking back my previous statement.

The radio that was clipped to Leon's belt started to buzz with a sort of static. Ramon's voice came over, asking if Leon liked his garden.

"I see you've managed to work some of your twisted taste here too," Leon said.

"Even I get lost in here sometimes. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to tie up some loose ends," Ramon said. Then the transmission cut out. I did not want to think about what the "loose ends" might have been.

"I don't suppose you know your way through the maze?" Leon asked in what sounded like a hopeful tone.

"No. You heard Ramon, even he gets lost. I remember walking through, but always with him. I could never find my way through," I told him. An annoyed groan escaped Leon's perfect lips.

'No Amor, they are simply lips. Not perfect,' I argued with myself.

"I'll go then. What am I looking for?"

"Gems or something similar I would think. Leon, be careful. I know there are dogs in there and I would bet my life Ganados as well," I expressed my fears to him. He simply smirked.

"Don't worry bout me Princess," is all he said before entering the maze.

"Buena suerte. Be careful," I called after him.

I paced back and forth. Leon had been gone quite some time. But he was alright, he had to be.

'Amor, he is fine. Do not pester yourself with negative thoughts,' I scolded myself. Suddenly I heard footsteps. Leon was coming toward me, holding both pieces of the emblem.

"Leon, you're alright!" I cried. Without thinking I leapt at him and wrapped my arms around him. He stumbled back, surprised at what I had done. Then he chuckled.

"Of course I am Princess. What did you expect?" he teased. I pulled away, feeling heat rush to my cheeks. He laughed again.

Leon inserted both pieces into the door and it opened, allowing us to enter an expensively furnished room. However, moments later I heard a small click. Leon also heard it.

"Put your hands where I can see them," a woman's voice demanded.

"Sorry, but following a lady's lead isn't my style," Leon returned. Again she told him to put his hands up. And before I even knew what was happening, Leon had a knife at a raven-haired woman's throat.

"Try knives next time," Leon advised. He took her gun and dropped the magazine from it.

"Leon, long time no see," she said. Obviously these two knew each other.

"Ada. So it's true..."

"True? What?" this 'Ada' woman asked.

"You, working with Wesker." Who was Wesker?

"I see you've been doing your homework," Ada said, dropping her glasses at the same time.

"Why Ada? Why are you here?" Leon asked. She gave a snicker. Then there was a flash of light, blinding me momentarily.

"See you around," she said. In an instant she was gone. I glanced at Leon.

"I think you are going to have to explain a few things to me."

____________________________________________________________

A/N: Finally a new chapter up! I've had this planned for a while but couldn't figure out how to put it into words. Hopefully I didn't do too bad. In chapters to come, I'm going to be straying from the game a bit (more like a lot) to do my own thing with Amor/Ramon.

So I finished playing Resident Evil 7 and let me say this: it wasn't horrible. In my opinion, it was a huge step up from 6 (which is not my most favorite RE game). It met many, if not all of my expectations. It was a bit short, but still very good. If any of you readers get the chance to play it, play it.