The Nightmare Is Over

I cautiously went the opposite way that Leon went. He wanted me to find a way off the island, I would do that. The knife he had given to me was gripped tightly in my hand. My bare feet ached as I walked. Yet somehow I managed to keep going. There had to be a way off this damned island.

As I walked, I noticed how eerily silent it was. It hadn't been this quiet since I had been a prisoner in the castle. That had felt like years ago. It had felt like an eternity had passed. And it was at the moment when reality truly came crashing down on me. I stopped walking. Everyone I'd ever known was dead. Everyone I loved was dead. They were gone. I was, as far as I knew, the only one left. Of course I had realized this while locked in the prison cell with Ashley, but at that time it hadn't seemed real. Now, it was all too real.

'Stop it Amor,'  I scolded myself. 'Stop feeling sorry for yourself.'

But the feeling would not leave me.

I forced myself to continue. And good my perseverance brought. After what must have been hours of navigating halls, and somehow always going down, I ended up underground. Perhaps it was not the ideal place to be, but to me it was better than the suffocating walls of the facility.

Water ran through the cave. To follow the water was my best bet. 

I stayed toward the middle of the rocky bank. Staying too close to the edge would have the danger of my feet slipping, causing me to fall into the water. The current was too strong for me to be able to swim back to the bank.

Somewhere ahead of me I heard an engine. Someone else was down here. I moved faster, but still moving with caution. Not far ahead of me was a woman in red getting off of-what were they called? A jet ski? The woman looked familiar. Then I remembered her.

"Wait!" I called. What was her name again?

"Ada!"

The woman, Ada, turned to me. She was void of injury. How was a mystery to me.

"I remember you. You're the one Leon was with in the castle. Sorry to hear about your boyfriend by the way," she said. It was obvious that her condolences were faked.

"Have you seen Leon?" I asked her. She smirked.

"Yeah, I did. Twice actually."

"Is he fine? Is he alive?"

"He got a little cut up by your friend Krauser-he's dead now, so sorry-and the Plagas is stronger in him now. But he is alive."

A few moments passed.

"Why are you still here?" I asked. She continued to look at me with a sly smirk on her face.

"Well, there's still something I need." She moved to leave. I stepped in front of her.

"What is it you need?" I asked. Annoyance flashed briefly on her face, but it was replaced with the same look a moment later.

"It's none of your concern," Ada answered.

The ground shook slightly. We both stumbled.

"Que Diablos fue eso!"

"Looks like Leon made it," Ada muttered, mostly to herself. Then she turned to me. "Time for me to go. Here, you might need these." Ada tossed me a set of keys. And then she left.

The ground shook again.

So the Plagas in Leon was stronger now? That meant he was most likely a mindless being now. That is, unless he had control over it. From what I saw, he repressed it. He did not control it. And now Jack Krauser was dead. That fact did not bother me.

Once more the ground shook. But this time, a shrill shriek accompanied it.

"What the hell is that?" I asked aloud to myself. The ground continued shaking.

"Amor!" Ashley's voice screamed. I looked over my shoulder to see Ashley and Leon running toward me.

"You are both fine!" I said. I really was relieved. Surprised, but relieved.

"Yeah, but we won't be if we don't leave now. Ada said she gave you something," Leon cut in.

"Yes, here," I said as I handed him the keys. "What is going on?"

"This place is set to blow. Get on girls," Leon said. Ashley and I climbed on the ski after him. It was tight, but we fit.

I held onto Leon as he drove the jet ski. Ashley held tight to me. Leon dodged falling rocks with practiced ease.

We shot out of the cave with moments to spare. We watched as the island was engulfed in flames. I let out a breath of relief. My nightmare was over.

"Ready to go home Ashley?" Leon asked the blonde girl.

"Yeah!"

"What about you Amor? Unless you want to stay in Spain?" Leon asked me. I shook my head.

"There is nothing in Spain for me anymore," was my answer.

"Alright then," Leon answered. We sped off toward the United States. I was leaving behind an old life. Something new awaited me.

___________________________________________________________

A/N: Well, well, what do you know? I've come back from the dead. I've finally updated. It's been months! This chapter was absolutely impossible for me to write! But I got an ending. Well, sort of. Still one more chapter, the epilogue. Hope you enjoy!

Que diablos fue eso-What the hell was that