Nineteen

Soundtrack: Skinny Love by Birdy

I let go of the weirdo. Hindi. Paanong alam niya ang memoryang iyon? Fcking no. Priam wouldn't be her informant for this memory's too recent. Hindi alam ni Priam ang tungkol dito.

The romantic moment of a young lady and a young man, promising forever in front of the Eiffel Tower. That was the memory that keeps on flashing in my head... well I'm not sure if it's a memory or just a dream.

It was a cold winter night. The stars were shining brightly, illuminating the darkness of the sky. Hundreds of lovers pool at the foot of the famous tower, spending the lovely night with their other half. But among the crowd, there stood in the middle one couple. The man was staring at the lady who was smiling widely at him. He was cupping her cheeks, gently squeezing it to give her warmth. They scream love. A deep kind of love. Something that can stand the test of time. That not even death could separate them.

They promised forever to each other. They did.

Tiningnan ko ang weirdo na nakaupo at yakap na ang kanyang mga tuhod.

"How did you know about them?" I asked, my heart beating like a drum. I can feel extreme agony in my heart. It was a symbol of an epic love. But the love that I have witnessed pierced my heart. The memory that flashes in my head breaks me, piece by piece.

For the lady was Corentine. The lady who was smiling widely, staring deeply on the eyes of the man was the girl that I like. It was her who was exchanging promises with her man. And the young man was.....

No.

He wasn't me. I was just there, watching them. Watching the girl that I am chasing right now, promise forever with some unknown man.

Was he her first love?

That I am sure of. There'd be no other man that Corentine would promise forever than her first love. She's a Sullivano. She can only love once. That's how her heart feels.

"Blueberries. You need to stop." Saad nito habang yakap yakap ang mga tuhod niya. Nakapatong doon ang ulo niya at pakiramdam ko ay nakatingin siya sa kawalan kahit na natatakpan ang mga mata niya.

I clenched my fist.

"Can you please answer my questions, Lenin? Don't play the diversion game with me. Answer my goddamn question!" I scowled at her. Hindi ko na alam kung ano ang gagawin ko. Sa tuwing magtatanong ako ay ibang sagot ang makukuha ko sa kanya. Sa tuwing gusto ko siyang kilalanin ay pinipigilan niya ako. I am going nuts trying to decipher who she is or what she is. And I am trying so hard not to care too much.

Then here comes the memories that I seem to have forgotten. Here comes the agony and pain that I am feeling. How the hell am I gonna keep myself together in this case? I don't know. That's all I know. I have no idea at all.

"Answer me. How did you know about my amnesia and the memory?" I asked.

When she didn't speak, I was about to pull her once again. I have a little bit of patience left. This is a matter concerning my memories and I don't need her to play the guessing game with me.

I was stopped from being near her when she started answering my questions.

"Midkine told me about your amnesia. And the memory? Storm's reminded of that memory when she saw your scar."

My scar?

"Blueberries, the night inside the freezer."

Damn it. The freezer.

That fcking freezer's the reason why I am now used to hugging my pillows at night. Last morning I woke up, hugging my fcking pillows tightly. And I was more than horrified. Hindi ako natutulog ng niyayakap ang ano mang bagay. I even sleep without any duvet to cover me. I was comfortable sleeping on the cold bed, until I was trapped in a fcking freezing container. Until I was able to sleep comfortably hugging a young lady, with no shirt on.