Thirty Nine

Soundtrack: Gravity by Sara Bareilles

I stormed out of my car, my red guitar hang on my shoulder, completely pissed off by the fact that it's the time of the year. The ugliest time of the year when lovers are expressing their cringe worthy love to their partners like it will be the end of the world. Red roses everywhere, chocolates and romantic songs. Fck. Pati sa bar ay punong puno ng mga magkakasintahan at nakakagago lang. Know why I hate Valentines?

How can I fcking flirt with the ladies when they are with their boyfriends? Fck. Just fck.

Well, there are some ladies who had the courage to stare at me. When I say stare, I mean seductively followed by the act of licking their lips and winking at me, ignoring the fact that their boyfriends was just beside, shooting daggers at my direction. Oh fck. The pain of being handsome.

"Papa? Big brother? Hello? Vernon?" I called as I enter the mansion where the lights are off. Creepy. Fck. Father must still be working in his office at the Sullivano University. Where the hell is my brilliant big brother? I searched for him in the kitchen but he wasn't there so I proceeded upstairs. Baka nasa laboratory nanaman siya.

Nang makaakyat na ako ay bigla kong narinig ang tunog ng piano. Biglang nagsitayuan ang mga balahibo ko at gusto kong magtatakbo palabas ng bahay. Here it comes again. That scary piano piece that I hear at night. Sht. At alam ko kung saan nanggagaling ang tunog na iyon.

I darted my gaze to the room at the end of the hall. Laboratory. Papa's laboratory. Fck.

I've been telling them that this house is haunted by some monster. I remember when I was eight, I freaking saw a red-haired girl with some scary eyes looking at me. Pareho kaming nakadapa sa sahig at talagang kinilabutan ako ng nakita ko siya. Mama--, I mean, Minerva the btch, told me that I was just hallucinating. Even Papa was telling me that I was just hallucinating and there's no redhead in there.

Who the hell hallucinates and hears the some piano piece being played every night for eight fcking years? Tss.

Hindi lang isang beses na nagpakita sa akin ang multong iyon. Everytime I drop something, it rolls to that direction and ends up sliding on the door of the laboratory. Fck. May magnetic field bang tinatago si Papa sa laboratory niya? Coins, discs, and even my pen, they all end up rolling to that room. At dahil sa nakalock iyon at hindi ko makuha, minsan ay hinahayaan ko na lang. But what horrifies me is that everytime I turn around, deciding to retrieve my belongings, nasa labas na iyon ng pinto na parang may taong nagtulak nun. Fck. Me being the idiot but curious handsome Sage Eros, I'd wonder if it's the invisible woman.

At kapag sumisilip ako sa ilalim ng pinto, halos mapamura ako ng makita ang isang maputlang mga paa. Fck. It scared the sht of me. Tatakbo ako kina Papa at Kuya para magsumbong pero pagtatawanan lang nila ako. Tss. But everytime I turn my back at them, slightly pissed by the fact that they are finding humour out of my misery, I always caught a glimpse of their scared faces. Na para bang hindi ko dapat na makita ang mga nakikita ko.

Oh fck. Am I some exorcist? Do I have a third eye? Sht. But they are always talking about someone being capable of storing data. I heard them one time. I heard Vernon asking Papa.