Twenty Three

What are the perks of being numb?

You don't get to feel pain.

No hatred. No anger. No agony. Just nothing.

All negative emotions, you can escape from them without even sweating. Kahit pagpirapirasuhin ang katawan mo ay hindi ka makakaramdam ng sakit. Kahit ilang beses kang saktan ng sinuman ay wala lang iyong epekto sayo. And everyone would want that. Everyone loves to get away from pain. No one wanted to suffer and be miserable.

But being numb has its downsides.

Because when you feel nothing, you'll never be human. You'll never experience happiness. No love. No joy. No positive emotions at all.

And being numb is the most pitiful situation that anyone could ever encounter.

When I was a kid, I remembered one time I was running around the mansion. Para akong baliw na tumatakbo pababa ng hagdan at walang pakialam kahit na sumisigaw na ang tatay ko at sinasabing magdahan dahan ako. At dahil nga sa sobrang tigas ng ulo ko, nadapa ako pababa sa hagdan at nagpagulong gulong.

And it was fcking painful.

I cried like a whiny little dude when I saw blood on my knees. That's how normal people should react when they are in pain. They either cry or scream. For Pete's fcking sake, who wouldn't when it's an actual blood? Jesus.

But Storm Lenin was not normal.

Tiningnan ko ang weirdo na busy sa pagbubungkal ng lupa at isa isa nang tinanim ang mga itim na rosas. She looked like a victim of a mass murder, her hands were full of cuts and her feet were swollen and bloody red. She's in pain. Physical pain. But why on Earth is she just planting some roses?

Marahas kong hinablot ang kamay niya at itinayo siya. Bumungad sa akin ang mukha niyang kalahati ay natatakpan ng maskara. Her monitor. And then I noticed that there was a crack on its left side like someone hit her in the face. Nadako ang tingin ko sa natitirang parte ng mukha niya na kitang kita kong nag iiba ang kulay. Her pale skin turned into some pool of violet to red paints.

Violet and red. Fcking son of a btch.

I can't help but tremble the moment I realized what happened on her face.

Those were bruises. Fcking bruises beside her lips and there was a cut. Halos manginig ako dahil sa pinaghalong galit, pagkaawa at takot. One, I was angry and I can feel something different. Thirst. The thirst to break someone's neck until they cry with pain. Two, I can't help but always feel pity towards her. Storm Lenin is the trigger to my empathetic side. And three, I am freaking scared for I knew that the moment a Sullivano sees her condition, hell will surely break loose.

"What the fck happened to you!" I scowled at her. Hindi ko maiwasang magalit ng sobra sobra dahil sa sitwasyon niya. Nabitawan niya ang mga rosas sa kamay niya dahil sa higpit ng pagkakahawak ko sa braso niya. Hindi siya sumagot at yumuko lang.

"Blueberries." she whispered.

I looked at her hands and carefully scanned them. Just what the fck. The thorns of the roses were embedded on her palm, confirming the tight grip that she had with them. Halos nanghihina na ako sa sobrang galit dahil sa sitwasyon niya.

"Lenin! Answer me!"

I looked like a beast out of cage right now and her, not answering any of my questions pushes my sleeping demon to wake up. Tiningnan ko ang kabuuan niya at dahil sa liwanag ng buwan ay ngayon ko lang nahalata.