Chapter 19: Vytal preparations

Im not entirely too sure how long it's been since Ruby and I started dating. Things have just been too hectic to think about that kind of thing, what with the preparations for the Vytal festival having been going on for a while, The concussion didn't really help, we've also had to deal with a strange, alternate version of Weiss that's getting more Excited than Nora when she does, well, anything. Speaking of which; we've come down to Vale to look around and apparently go down to the docks for some reason Weiss has yet to explain and now she's just standing there raising her arms in amazement.

[Weiss] "The Vytal Festival! Oh, this is absolutely wonderful!"
[Ruby] "I don't think I've ever seen you smile this much Weiss. It's kinda weirding me out..."
[Weiss] "*turns to Ruby* How could you not smile? A festival dedicated to the cultures of the world! There will be dances! Parades! A tournament! Oh the amount of planning and organisation that goes into this event is simply breathtaking!"

We continue walking after Weiss finishes her spiel.

[Yang] "*sigh* *crosses her arms* you really know how to take a good thing and make it sound boring."
[Weiss] "Quiet, you!"
[Ryu] "there's the Weiss we all know and...know"

We arrived at the docks.

[Yang] "remind me again why we're spending our Friday afternoon visiting the stupid docks?
[Ruby] *covering her nose* ugh, they smell like fish!"
[Ryu] "It is a dock..."
[Weiss] "I've heard that students visiting from Vacuo will be arriving by ship today. And, as a representative of Beacon, I feel as though it is my solemn duty to welcome them to this fine kingdom!"
[Blake] "she wants to spy on them so she'll have the upper hand in the tournament."
[Weiss] "*scoffs* you can't prove that!"
[Ruby] "Whoa."

Ruby pointed out something to the teams right.  A store with its windows shattered and the yellow caution tape of the Vale police force covering the door. We all walked up to one of the detectives at the store.

[Ruby] "what happened here?"
[Detective 1] "Robbery. Second Dust shop to be hit this week. This place is turning into a jungle.*walks over to his partner*"
[Yang] "*sigh* that's terrible"
[Detective 2] "they've left all the money again."
[Ruby] "huh?"

Wait what? That sounds just like what happened with that roman guy when I first arrived in Vale. Coincidence? Or is he still at it?

[Detective 1] "yeah, it just doesn't make a lick of sense. Who needs that much dust?"
[Detective 2] "I don't know, an army?"
[Detective 1] "you thinking the white fang?"
[Detective 2] "yeah, I'm thinking we don't get paid enough."
[Weiss] "Hmph! The White fang. What an awful bunch of degenerates!"

She stuck up her nose with a pompous attitude.

[Blake] "what's your problem?"
[Weiss] "my problem? I simply don't care for the criminally insane."
[Blake] "the white fang is hardly a bunch of psychopaths. They're a collection of misguided Faunus."
[Weiss] "misguided? They want to wipe humanity off the face of the planet!"
[Blake] "So then they're very misguided. Either way, it doesn't explain why they would rob a Dust shop in the middle of downtown Vale!"
[Ruby] "Hmm... Blake's got a point. Besides, the police never caught that Torchwick guy We ran into a few months ago... Maybe it was him."
[Ryu] "I was thinking the same thing but... he'd be way too recognisable wouldn't he? A Faunus would have the abilities and the skills required for something like this."
[Blake] "Ryu!?"
[Ryu] "hold up. I'm just saying. They ended up with a new leader pretty recently didn't they? The reports say he's radicalised the white fang so, while, from what I've heard about them in the past it might not have been them, now? They could easily have been sent by their new leader."
[Blake] "that..!"
[Weiss] "or they could just all be a bunch of scum. Those Faunus only know how to lie, cheat and steal after all."
[Yang] "that's not necessarily true..."
"Hey! Stop that Faunus!"
[Ryu] "what?"