fifteen

Humility was being humiliated.

Pride had brought her - quite gracefully - to his very own beauty spa, or in other words, his cringe-worthy bedroom. She had thrown up in her mouth a little bit when he leads her for the first time, she had never seen anything so pink, especially for a man.

There was a gigantic pink silk bed that had glistening lace hanging above it like it was some princess's deathbed. There was a sparkling mirror taller than her that sat in the corner of the room, and as they walked by it, Pride checked himself in it. "Perfect, as always," he muttered before sitting in a king-like chair that was in front of a huge dresser filled with all sorts of accessories - jewels, lace, and makeup.

"Come, my dear." Pride motioned toward a second chair and smiled while Humility wrinkled her nose. "Why should I come? I can see you just want to fix my hair and do my makeup." She pointed to the contents sitting on his sparkling dresser. It was like she was a movie star, but Humility hated fame.

Pride gave his perfectly waxed eyebrows a raise. "Fix? We'll need a miracle for that."

Humility grabbed a fluffy boa scarf that lay sunbathing on the pink floor of Pride's room and threw it at him. "I hope the feathers choke you!" She was fine with her flaws and features - why did he have to criticize her?!

Pride simply waved away the boa scarf and then adjusted the gem necklace around his neck. "Just sit, will you? That's all I ask of you."

Humility cooled off and calmly walked over to where he told her to sit. It was annoying to her - why was he always so bossy? She supposed it was because he was Pride, but couldn't pride also mean valuing something above other things? Why did it have to be such a negative connotation?

"Good, good." Pride rubbed his hands together, looking directly at Humility while she looked at him disgustedly. "Now, tell me, girl, what do you see in front of you?"

"I see... a piece of glass that reflects things that are also called a mirror.

Even though Humility wasn't looking directly at him, she could still hear his audible sigh. "No, what do you see in the mirror?"

"Whatever glass is made of, right?"

Humility turned and smiled at him, excited to see his reaction. Pride clenched his fists and growled. "Would you stop being a smart-black?! I'm trying to be cool, and you're... you're just-"

"A fabulous instigator?"

"NO!" Pride bellowed, probably loud enough for the other sins in the building to hear. They probably thought he was mad because he ran out of glitter. He sat back in his chair with his face in his hands. "Though I do like your choice in words," he muffled out as he kicked his leg over his other leg. "Fabulous is what you will be once I'm done with you."

Instead of being angry, Humility grimaced. "I'm not fabulous," she muttered quietly, her head now down. Pride looked up, confused. "What did you say? I couldn't hear you over the sound of how beautiful I am."

"I'm not fabulous!" She said louder this time. "I don't look like a model, I don't act like a dainty thing, I'm just an awkward llama! Have you noticed how I tried to blend into the background before you came along?! I don't want to be noticed because I'm not worth noticing!"

Pride looked at her, surprised. Weren't they just arguing about a glass a few seconds ago? Now she was feeling - Pride had a hard time interpreting this - ugly?! He now felt awkward - being proud was all he ever knew and seeing someone that wasn't shocked him. He had no idea how to handle the situation. Pride looked at the floor, trying not to see the expression Humility had.