Day 8

The air was filled with the constant chattering of camera shutters and the murmur of impatient journalists, hungry for a story. Fiddleford looked up from where he stood at the side of the stage and saw his best friend answering and retorting questions from the crowd a few Feet below him. The lights were almost too intense as they shone upon him, their monotone buzz droning softly. Fiddleford looked up at the ceiling, the architects did an amazing job with his plans, he should remember to put in a good review for them.
Suddenly the crowd chuckled along as a collective mass as Stanford answered a question with a smart comment. Well of course it would have been smart, he was Stanford Pines, the man who cracked inter-dimensional travel. Fidd smiled gently at the thought of how their friendship from that two bit college to being two of the most respected men in science and even more. How they have been through hell and back (literally) to stand out on top, still best friends and a bond stronger than anything.
Suddenly the sound of chairs scratching against the floor brought him out of his thoughts and back into reality. He glanced up to see Ford coming over to him with that confident grin he always wore when he'd achieved an award, or made a break through or scrambled his cubics cube or-or won a game of cludo.
Stanford stood before him, that grin on his face before linking arms with him and continuing down to the limousine that wait just beyond the doors. How very lucky indeed he was to be living this life of joy, be married to the man he loved, raise his son in a loving environment and finally be able to afford a house with a screen door that wasn't broken. Oh, what a lucky man he was for the universe to smile upon him for he knew that other realities of which he inhabited weren't nearly so fortunate.