Day 15

It had been 104 days since Mcgucket had moved into the mansion. 104 days he had been living in an actual house. 104 days he, for once in his life, had enough money to buy anything without a worry or need to raid bins for food. For once in his life he had a screen door that wasn't broken, one dream he had always wanted to fulfill.

Life in the mansion was good, great even. Tate had agreed to move in since there were bedrooms to spare. Stan and Ford had even agreed to moving in with Mcgucket because the shack was now under new management. They were out on the ocean for now, catching up on some much needed twin time. 

Fiddleford's memories had been getting better and better since Dipper and Mabel's discovery and his bond with Tate had been healing. Sure there were still some rough patches and words that were wished to have been unsaid but for the first time in his life Fiddleford didn't run away or try to forget. For the first time in his life he was stronger than his anxiety, he felt sane again.

It had been 104 days of life in the mansion, he was getting accustomed to the norms of society but old habits die hard.

It was nearing ten o'clock, the moons pale light streaming in through the massive windows that decorated the exterior of the building. Tate had been in his room for some time, just relaxing in his bedroom that didn't smell of fish bait and lake water. His footsteps echoed down the long, empty hall as he approached the kitchen. He just wanted a small snack before bed.

The kitchen was grand, probably built for professionals that had at least five culinary degrees, but was now used by himself and his dad (both of whom didn't really have a clue about cooking). An array of different bowls, plates and cutlery had built up in the sink. He made a mental note to clean it up or talk to Dad about getting a maid as he passed the mess. Suddenly a sound of a creature slumbering echoed through the room.

Tate froze.

He had known all about the supernatural creatures that lurked in his town, he'd seen that lake monster more times than he would have wished but this was different. This time it was in his house. He reached out to grasp at anything on the counter, internally scolding himself for picking up a ladle but it would have to do.

The snoring became louder as he approached the door that lead to the dining room. Cautiously he peeked through the door to see an empty room. He gave out a small sigh but the noise still emanated from the table. Bravely, he held the ladle above his head and tiptoed forward. As he reached the table he was ready to fight but his defences were stilled.

His father was curled up on the table, luckily still fully clothed. The unpleasant memory of him walking in on Stanford and his father half naked in bed seeped into his mind. He shuddered in disgust as he shook it from his mind. Slowly he lowered the ladle and moved around to gain better access. His pa's snoring was louder than before as it rolled from his open mouth and small puddle of drool had soaked his beard and some of the table.
"Stanford sure is a luckily man" he said with a hint of sarcasm in his tone but was soon replaced with happiness.

He was very pleased with his father's progress, him finding love once again and that their bond was finally healing itself after being broken for so long.
"Come on pa let's get you to bed" he whispered to himself as his knees lowered to try and pick him up. Tate's arms hooked under his father's small frame, gasping at how light his pa was. Fiddleford's snoring hitched slightly before continuing, Tate freezing on the spot thinking he had woken his father. He gave a sigh of relief before continuing down the hall to his dad's room.