Chapter 10 - Come Together

*Jon's P.O.V.*

'Okay, Dodie, you ready to #spon?'

The camera is set up in front of the both of us, Dodie wears her hair plain and a black shirt, and I'm wearing plain ol' white here. We don't need to look fancy. This is a twitter spon, after all, so it doesn't need to be fully aesthetic. But it is kind of nice.

'You're kidding right? I was born to #spon.' she responds, exaggerating the  final word in that somewhat funny way she does. It's hilarious. I like it.

Since I don't put out videos on the regular as often as other youtubers do, I have to earn a living somehow. And since I am very, shall we say, selective in terms of what I put on my channel, a twitter sponsorship seemed like the best idea. It's for this Hulu show 'Eight Days a Week' about the Beatles, they asked me to do a thirty-second ish cover of a beatles song and tweet it to get the word out about the show, Dodie's joined me on this because Come Together is not only my favourite Beatles song, but it's a classic. Besides, I need to re-establish my friendship ground with her, otherwise when she leaves the day after tomorrow I will inevitably grow to resent her for something she's got absolutely no clue about. What better way to achieve this than by bonding over the Beatles?

It only requires a few takes for us to get right. I'm not sure if that's my standards slipping, working with someone else making the whole process easier (which was unexpected, because I hated group projects in school), or our mutual love of the Beatles making time go faster, but it's working. Just after I've turned the camera off, Dodie poses a very good question.

'Why not make a full cover of this?' The corners of her mouth raise slightly upward as she thinks about it.

'Why not?' My responses aren't entirely well-thought through, and I assure you, that's not me detaching myself. That's just me focusing on not breaking my camera when disassembling it. Promise.

'I mean, our audience will probably want it. Thirty seconds is never enough for them. Imagine if I took the 'An Awkward Duet' video down and re-uploaded it only the first thirty seconds? They would not be pleased.' Oddly enough, what I focused on from that sentence was the 'our'. It's 'our' audience. My subs and her subs are now officially one entity. Honestly, that's probably actually not far from the truth, if you discount the extra three million subscribers of mine who don't interact with my channel anymore because they subscribed in 2012-2013 and don't use their youtube accounts anymore. The other 1mil active? Probably the exact same demographic, realistically. Teen girls must really love people who talk about their feelings in really well written songs, or in my case, slightly concerning parodies. What a perfect mix.

'Fair enough. Uh, should we shoot that tomorrow? The camera's already away, and like, that's just a hassle. to get it out again.' I gesture toward the zipped up camera bag. 

'Yeah, sure. Sounds good, that way I can actually put effort in to my appearance, she adds, a slight chuckle on the end of her words.' She gets up from where we were sitting and walks on in to the lounge. My eyes begin to trail after her before I just about slap myself in the face, telling myself to snap the hell out of it. I never thought my all-time favourite Beatles song could get better. And then I heard her sing it. And my already steamrolled heart has just had a house land on it wizard of oz style. They call it a crush because it crushes you, apparently? What happens if it's actual, legitimate love? Can I love someone to death? Because if anyone's gonna do it, let's be real. It'll be her.

*Dodie's P.O.V.*

Okay. A few things.

Firstly, I can't do anything about this now. I've made the decision to keep it to myself after I return to England, and then if it's still there when I'm on Tessa's tour with him, then I'll do something about it. Because that way it's ten days up the U.S. east coast, and we'll have plenty of time to bond and date go bowling and get engaged and maybe even plan a wedding. I'm sure that's what the shippers would have us do.

Secondly, the way Jon looked and sounded when he said 'Why not?' was super hot, and it is the first time the thought of sex with him has ever entered my head in a fully serious context. Not an unpleasant train of thought if I'm being honest.

Thirdly, I'm just giving the internet more material to speculate over our relationship by suggesting this cover be a full length version too, aren't I? Oh, well. We're quite used to it by now. All of a sudden, a notification noise goes off on my phone. I pull it out of my pocket to find an email about a premier for this new film that's coming out in a few months. I think I recognise the director's name attatched. Before I can click on that, another email comes through. Wow. I'm popular. This one's in regards to the EP. Oh, my. I take a quick look back at Jon packing down the lights, and consider going back in to help having completely forgotten about them, but he's almost done now anyway. I feel like I missed it. Let's just hope that's not what he's like during sex. Yanno, if we get that far.

Man, we are one crazy, crazy, crazy idea together. 

a bit of madness is key/to give us new colors to see  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HI I'M BACK IT'S HALF PAST MIDNIGHT AND I WROTE THIS IN LESS THAN AN HOUR I HAVENT TOUCHED THIS BOOK IN OVER THREE MONTHS BECAUSE IM ABSOLUTE GARBAGE THIS CHAPTER IS GARBAGE MY LIFE IS GARBAGE IM GARBAGE DW THE NEXT CHAPTER IS EASY PEASY TO WRITE BUT I HAVE FOUND MYSELF STRESSED AND SAD DOING EVERYTHING AT ONCE woo that was a lot of emotion but also

to make up for THREE DAMN MONTHS OF ABSENCE

does any1 want a face reveal/a quick run down on who i actually am because like - Ellen's not actually my name *surprise!* let me know in the comments below will be happy to blind you with my appearance lmaoooo

forgive me. i'm tired, i have an audition tomorrow i still havent prepared for, four assessments due, a youtube vid up for this week, and i'm dead inside.

kill me.

See ya in the next chapter!

~Ellen Cozartist

P.S. i bet you all thought i discontinued this book well SURPRISE BITCH