Chapter 2

Chapter Two- Unwanted Visitor

Makeila

"Baby what's wrong?" I ask Zayn, as I'm sitting at my desk on the phone with him. He says he has to tell me something, it sounds like he's pretty sad about whatever it is.

"You remember Chanelle right?" I instantly crinkle my nose when he voices her name and take my attention off my computer since I'm looking through information.

I do not like that whore, she tried to trap him with a baby and influenced him when he was on drugs, encouraging the action.

"You know the girl...I cheated on you with a few years back?" He reminds me.

"Yes, I remember that bitch. Why the fuck you bringing her up?" I snarl, frowning hard as hell. I can admit that my attitude is a little salty.

"Well they found her dead in the men's bathroom with this other girl here at the Panther."

I squint my eyes in confusion. I feel bad for the young girl, of course no one deserves to die. But why the fuck is she lingering around his club anyway.

"Oh, that's sad bless her heart." I speak in a low tone, that's not filled with no type of emotion. "But why was she in your club though in the first place?"

"Baby I don't know, that's what everybody is trying to figure out."

"Mmm..." I transfer the phone to my other ear and sit up, ready to interrogate the hell out of him. "So, um...you ain't been talking to her."

"Keila I haven't talked to this girl in almost six years, the last time I saw her is when she told me she aborted my baby, you know that."

"I don't know anything. For all I know y'all— "

"Aye girl, shut the fuck up!" He cuts me off, I flinch from the bass in his voice. "I'm telling yo crazy ass right now, that I haven't talked to this girl. I'm just as confused as you are, and I haven't been at any of my clubs in the past three days, I've been at home with you and the kids, so don't play this fucking accusing game with me. Ain't nobody cheating on you, I'm tryna go through these surveillance camera's now to see why the fuck they were here."

His demanding tone shuts me up, I guess I am being a little too knaggy. He did call me to tell me what happen to her, I don't believe he would talk to any of his hoes in the pass. He's been quite faithful our whole marriage.

"I'm sorry baby." I apologize. "It's just odd that she popped up at the club and stuff."

"I understand, but that shouldn't even be what your focusing on, she's still a human being that got murdered, so stop being so selfish and have some consideration for a minute."

"Okay."

"Well I gotta help these detectives figure some of this shit out and I need to do a little investigation of my own, so don't wait up for me a'ight?" He demands.

"Okay baby. I won't."

"Alright, I gotta go. I'll talk you later. I love you."

"I love you too Zayn."

He hangs up and I put my phone back on the hook and turn my chair around towards my computer. As I'm looking through my emails, a knock presses against the door.

"Come in!" I call out.

"Good afternoon Mrs. Walton!" My assistant Jelissa greets me happily, entering my office.

"Hey Lissa." I say quietly, because I'm too busy reading this email from a client.

I hear clicking on my desk and look up to see her placing a stack of papers on my desk along with a cup of coffee. For this last few weeks, Jelissa has been slacking but she's been proving her work ethic to me.