Chapter 11

Chapter Eleven- Be Mine

Bishop

"Yeah those the niggas I've been looking for, they robbed my cousin's girl, you know I can't let that ride." I say speaking through my cell phone, with an associate of  mine.

"Yeah I know, ima let you know if I find where them niggas be at." He confirms.

"A'ight." I hang up and look at the sales on my computer, until I am interrupted by a knock on my door. People always come knocking, it's like I can never have a day in my office with out somebody bothering me about something.

"Who is it?"

The door opens and Azriel walks in with a bag of Popeyes's in her hands, I quickly drop my little attitude. I'm guessing the food is for me and her, she came right in time because I'm hungry, I can smell the gravy through the bag. "Hey...you free?"

"I'm always free for you baby girl."

"Stop..." She twitters and come over and set the food on the surface of my desk. "I bought you some lunch, I thought you would be hungry."

"Look at you thinking about me, I am hungry and I need to eat something before I get sick."

"Sick?"

"Yeah I can't go with out eating cause I gotta take my meds, I got cancer—well not at the moment but you know how it goes."

She moves her head up and down, and give me a look filled with empathy. ".Why you ain't tell me you were sick?" She questions as she pulls a box of chicken out of the bag and set it down. "We've been talking for awhile now and smoking together like it ain't nothing."

If I didn't know any better I would assume that she's worried and upset.

"I think it was important ma, why you tripping ma?"

"Cause I take cancer serious!"

"Well my bad."

"You good, we just not bouta be smoking nothing." She sits down in the chair across from my desk and begin to eat, the she grins at me in a way that looks seductive. "You look good though."

"Yeah I work out and shit, you know I be lifting."

"Boy hush." She laughs.

We occupy ourselves eating our lunch for twenty minutes, along with enjoying each other's company. She tells me that she wants to take on a second job and I tell her that I'll pay her more. I've been spending a lot of time with Azriel, and I can admit that I like her and her character a lot. We've became close friends and I got a little crush on her and I know she has one on me too. We text and talk on the phone when I have the time and I also take her on dates, I really enjo

"Like honestly, I try not to get close to people because they can be bad company, and fake you know? The only person I been cool with my whole life, is my cousin Zee and that's fam. I don't be trusting too many niggas in these streets." I vent to Azriel, explaining to her why I don't have too many friends.

"Yeah I believe you don't need a lot of people in your circle, ecspecially nowadays with all the fuck shit that's going on."

I examine her face, today she doesn't have on much make up so I can see her natural self. She has a deep cut right above her eyebrow. "How'd you get that cut up there?"

"A knife fight...this girl brother tried to stab me."

"Why?" I scrunch my eyebrows.

"I couldn't even tell you why"

We rest in quietness, I stare at while she's too busy on her phone and eating her food, paying no attention to me. She is the most gorgeous chick I ever met in my life and I know that's wrong to say, saying that I got a fiancée and all. But I never in my life met a girl like Azriel, it's like I can relate to her and she can understand me.