Chapter 18

Chapter Eighteen- New York Here We Come!

Zayn

I open the door to Chanice's house, and just allow myself in since the door is unlock. Today is the day that my family and I is moving to Newyork, Chanice was hesitant about letting Jazir comes live with, but over the months she changed her mind and even went through a court process with me so I can have full custody of being his guardian.

Chanice comes into the room with a bag in her hand but screams and drops it once she sees me, I can't help but to laugh because she's so scared.

"What the hell Zayn?! I told you when you enter my house with out knocking atleast announce your self!" She gets a pillow from her couch and throws it at me. Her and I relationship has grown to be family like, she is such a cool person and both Makeila and I look at her as a friend of the family.

"Anyway where is my son...gotta catch this flight later on today."

"He's in the back. Jazir, come on honey you ready?"

Jazir comes running from the back like a track start with a bright smile on his face, after three months he has finally gotten use to me and we have a father and son bond like no other. "Dad!" He jumps in my arms.

"Hey lil man!" I give him a hand slap and start doing out secret handshake, that's only between Zeejay, him and I. "You ready to move to New York!"

"Yep!" He drops his head up and down excitedly. "Dad look!" He points inside of his mouth, where a tooth is missing from his bottom set of teeth.

"Dang your tooth fell out man?! High five!" I raise my hand in the air and he gives me one.

"Does New York have tooth fairies?"

I start to shake my head no, because I don't indulge and go along with such things with my children. But Chanice clears her throat catching my attention and she's giving me a stern look.

"Of course they have them in New York man!"

"Yay!"

"Well ima get your bags in the car and we're gonna get going in s minute."

"When can Auntie Chanice come to New York with us?"

"Whenever she's ready to and I'll send for her." Chanice smiles at me and go to the back of the house.

After ten minutes, I am done putting his things in the back of the trunk. I make it back inside of the house where him and Chanice is sitting on the couch and she's hugging on him tight Another reason why Chanice is allowing him to stay with him is because she's going to nursey school and she was recently offered a full time position at this fancy ass job, so she feared that she won't have a lot time for him. But that's fine with, I missed five years of his life that I can never receive back, but Ima make our new life together worth it.

"Alright you ready man?"

He shakes his head yes and Chanice releases him from the hug but pulls his arm gently as he walks away. "I'm going to miss you."

"I'm going to miss you too Auntie." He says in a light tone,

"You be good for you dad and your step mom, be respectful and don't give them a hard time. You understand me?"

"Yes ma'am.."

She zips his jacket up and pull his head over his head"Do good in school andpay attention...if you need any help make sure you ask the people around you."

"Okay.."

"And I have something for you." I watch as she pulls a gold chain out of the pcokets of her joggers, she unravels it and slips it around his neck and smiles. "This was your mommy's, it's something that you can remember her by and I packed a photo album in your bag as well. Remember that she is always with you okay?"