Chapter 3

Chapter Three- Disagreements

Makeila

"Zee jay honey! Stop yelling!" I tell Zee jay, as he's screaming his head off, banging his toy car against the wall.

Nothing is wrong with him he just makes sudden noises from his mouth due to his autism, I know he can't help it but that doesn't help me from being over whelmed.

"Jesus give me strength." I shake my head, then continue to pay attention to the seven-layer lasagna that I am preparing for dinner. I spread fettucine around the noodles, be sure to soothe it well.

"Mommy can we go outside?!" Zaibree runs in the kitchen with Zaria behind her, I look out the kitchen window and see that sun is just now starting to set, it's too late for them to go out.

"No, y'all should've asked right after school, it's too late." I tell them, then go to the refrigerator and get a packet of pepperoni.

"Why not?!" Zaria ask in a complaining cry.

I swear these kids are a run for my energy.

"I just told you why baby, it's late and about to get dark." I respond nicely.

"That's not fair!" Zaibree shouts folding her arms across her chest and Zaria's little behind shadows right behind her. The two of them together is major trouble. I turn around to see that Zee jay quieted down a little bit, which is a relief.

After a half, an hour dinner is done and Aabria and I is setting the table in the dining room, while the little ones are in the living room watching Bubble Guppies.

"So why did you ask me about New York earlier?" She asks.

I don't want to tell her why, because I do not want her hopes to go up, because I haven't even made a final decision, but it's on mind heavy. Other than going to Fashion Institute, New York has always been my dream

"I told you already there was no reason onto why I ask baby." I place the last set of silver ware next to a plate, being sure that the fork is on the left then straightens out my baby pink apron once done. I catch Aabria giggling at me, she looks silly herself with that little messy bun at the top of her head.

"You act like one of those moms on tv, you take setting the table too serious."

I can admit that I do, I just like trying new things and being able to have that wifely and motherly skill, besides who doesn't want to feel like their eating at a restaurant. My parents never set the table and we barely ate like a family, and I don't want that for kids.

"So, you need to learn from me, Ms. like slapping three girls in the face for talking about my daddy." I joke.

We both hear the front door shut, indicating that Zayn is home. I wasn't expecting him this early. "Daddy!" Zaibree and Zaria shouts from the top of their lungs.

"Zaibee baby! Zarriee butt! Ziggy Zee!" He shouts back, in a funny greeting. I love how he interacts with them, showing them the same enthusiasm they show him. "Where's mommy?"

"She making dinner!" Zaria tells him, I hear him tell her okay and within seconds he enters the kitchen.

"Breezy Bri! Makeila Kei Kei!" He says playfully jabbing both of us in the stomach, Aabria laughs at him.

"Daddy! I gotta tell you something important." Aabria tells him, I then go into the kitchen and grab the pan of lasagna along with bread sticks, then reenter the dining and set both items in the middle of the table.

"What baby?" He climbs out of his north face jacket and hat, then take a seat at the kitchen table.

"Well I got in a fight today." She confesses.