Chapter 11: Nightmares and Dreams. . .

A/N: Okay guys, here's the long awaited new chapter. I do appologize for the VERY long wait and leaving you guys with a cliffhanger. But, in a positive news, I am starting to write on this story again and in the next weeks to follow hope to have several new chapters. Anyways, hope you enjoy this chapter and I am already working on the next one and hope to have it up soon. 

- Vanessa 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My toes touched the cold tiles of the floor, my body instantly shivering from the contact.

Beep. Beep. Beep. I heard the low hum of some kind of machine nearby, but my vision seemed to blur.

Why can’t I see?

I blinked several times, trying to clear my vision.

I made out a wall nearby so I walked forward, tripping.

“Ugh!” I declared, climbing slowly to my feet and reaching up to the wall.

Using the wall for balance, I stumbled out of the room, my vision slowly starting to come back.

Looking back into the room, I realized that I was in a hospital and that I had been hooked up to a machine.

“What happened to me?” I found myself asking aloud, looking down at the loose tubes hanging from my arms and chest.

“Miss. Turpin! What’re you doing out of bed?” A nurse dressed in scrubs rushed towards me, helping me walk.

“I. . . Don’t know.” Was all I could manage to say.

“Let’s get your IV’s hooked back up and get you back in bed.” The nurse led me back into the room, hooking me up to the machine next to the bed.

“What happened to me?” I asked her. “The last thing I remember is seeing my parents killed. . . I remember seeing the murderers. . . They used some kind of. . . Magic. . .”

“They said you may remember a little about that. . .” The nurse whispered.

“Pardon?”

“Oh, nothing. The doctors instructed me to give you this if you woke up.” The nurse injected a large dose of a dark liquid into my IV.

“What is it?” I ask, already feeling myself fade away.

“Oh just a little something to help you forget-I mean. . . To help you rest well.” The nurse replied, and before I fell into sleep, I saw the nurse’s eyes change colors from brown to purple.

Sleep well, my child.

I jolted upright in bed.

“I remembered that night!”

“Remember what, Valerie?” A sleepy Naumi asked, rolling over to face me.

It was the Friday night of my third week of school and Naumi had invited me to spend the night with her.

“Oh, nothing. I just had a nightmare. .” I replied. How could I tell about what I discovered? She would think I was losing it.

“Mm. . . Okay. . .” Naumi rolled back over. “Do you want to talk about it?”

“No, it’s okay. . . I’m fine.” I replied, laying back down.

“Okay. Well, I’m here for you. . .” Naumi yawned widely, starting to fall back to sleep already.

“Thank you, Naumi. . .” I closed my eyes and pulled the blanket over me.

“Mmm. . . No. . .p’blem. . . Night, Val’ie. . .” Naumi mumbled sleepily.

“Night, Naumi. . .” I yawned, even though my thoughts were threatening to keep me awake.

Sunshine danced behind my eyelids as I lay in a meadow of various flowers.

I take in a deep breath, enjoying the fresh scent of nature.

The meadow was calming and peaceful.

“Valerie, I’ve been looking for you. I should have known you were out here in the meadow again.” I opened my eyes to see the young man standing in front of me.

The sun shining down blocked his face, but I could tell he was very handsome and well fit by his silhouette.

“Where am I?” I muttered aloud, taking in all of my surroundings. The meadow I was in sat behind a large Victorian mansion and nothing seemed familiar to me.

“At the Manor. Remember? We come here all the time after school.”

I sit up then, wanting to see the young man’s face.

“Jonah?” My eyes went wide. When had Jonah and I started hanging out?

“Yes. That’s my name. Are you okay?” He asked me, concern on his face. He touched a hand to my forehead. “Do you have a fever? Oh, you’re a little warm.”

I was warm because he was touching me and causing me to blush deeply.

“Valerie Turpin, you slut!” Francheska’s voice echoed in the meadow.

Jonah and I looked all around, but didn’t see her anywhere.

“Francheska, where are you?”

“You’re standing on me!”

I gasped when I looked down and saw the meadow I had been laying in was actually Francheska’s enlarged face.

“You just won’t quit, will you? Well, I’m going to make you pay, Valerie!”

The ground below us started to rumble and shake as Francheska opened her mouth wide.

“Jonah, help!” I screamed as I lost my balance and started to fall into Francheska’s mouth.

He reached out for me, but couldn’t seem to reach me.

“Valerie!” He shouted as Francheska clamped her mouth shut and I was greeted by darkness.

“Valerie. . . Valerie. . . Valerie. . .”

“Valerie!” I woke up to Naumi shaking me. “Finally. You were screaming like a banshee.”

I wiped hair back from my forehead. “Oh, I’m sorry, Naumi. I had a nightmare. . .”

“Oh, what was it about?” She inquired.

“Francheska. . .” I sad, frowning. “And Jonah.”

“What? What happened in the nightmare?”

I then proceeded to explain about Francheska swallowing me.

“Wow. You’re really worried about her, huh?”

“Well, yeah. . . I like Jonah, but obviously Francheska isn’t going to allow that. She’ll do anything to stop that. You saw how easily people chose her side. . .”

“Valerie, who cares what Francheska says or does? Jonah isn’t her property. She can’t say who he can talk to or hang out with. If you want to talk to or hang out with Jonah, then do it. Francheska is just jealous because he won’t even bat an eye at her.”

“But-”

“Valerie, don’t just do it for me, do it for yourself.” Naumi said, standing up.

I sighed. “Okay. . .”

“Now, get ready. We’re going to the mall.”

“But I have no money.” I frowned.

“That’s okay. We’re not shopping.” Naumi said and confusion spread across my face.

“But that’s what you do at a mall. What else do you do?”

“You’ll see.” Naumi replied with a grin.