2

Yoongi looked around at the others as the phone rang. "Let's just talk to her. You can see what you think."

Your sudden text had brought you to his mind as a possible candidate for Hoseok's date. He knew how hesitant you would be to accept something like this, but they were running out of options.

"Yeoboseyo?"

Yoongi smiled when you answered. "Yeoboseyo, Y/N." He tried to think of how to start the conversation.

There was silence for a moment, and the members looked at each other.

"Were you calling for a reason, Yoongi?"

He laughed. "Let me put you on speaker phone. We have something to ask you." He hit the speaker button.

The members heard you ask, "We? Who is 'we'? And try not to talk like you're drunk, Yoongi, it's been way too long since I spent any time speaking Korean." The members blinked at your strident tone.

"'We' are the members and I," Yoongi said. "Speak up, guys."

They chorused their greetings, and they heard Y/N laugh. "Yeobeoseyo, Bangtan. What's up?"

"I need a favor," Yoongi said.

"Oh really, Min Yoongi, rap genius, needs a favor?" you said in an amused voice. "I don't know about this – last time I heard that you were seven, and we both wound up stuck in a tree."

The members looked at him, wondering who this was that teased Yoongi so easily.

"I figure you owe me one," he said.

"If you say so."

Yoongi looked at Namjoon. "Actually, Rapmon wants to tell you what we need."

"Wait–" Namjoon said, but Yoongi brought the phone closer to him and nudged him.

"Well, um..."

"Hi. My name is Y/N. I'm guessing you're Rapmon?"

"Yes."

"So what is this favor nobody seems to want to talk about?" No one spoke, staring at Yoongi and the phone. "I swear, Yoongi, if someone doesn't start talking I'm going to hang up."

"Y/N! Just hold up," Yoongi said. "You're making a bad impression on them." The boys were staring at the phone wide-eyed.

"I don't particularly care. Oh, by the way, boys, I have actually listened to some of your music. Very nice. I like it, but it wasn't what I expected from what Yoongi told me he'd be doing. Good work, though." Yoongi frowned, thinking again of how the group had changed from what he'd been told to expect. Really, the dancing...

Namjoon choked. "Yoongi, are you crazy? This girl is..."

"That was Rapmon again, right? Sorry to shock you, Rapmon. But seriously, what is this favor you want to talk about?"

Yoongi sighed. "I don't know if they want you to help anymore."

"Sorry, Yoongi."

Taehyung looked at the list of girls they'd made and crossed off for various reasons. They were about to be back to square one. "We want to know if you will go on a date with Hoseok," he said quickly.

The boys looked at Taehyung and listened to the laughing coming through the phone.

Yoongi looked at them and tipped his head. "She's not like this all the time," he whispered.