4

You adjusted your outfit - you'd gone for comfort over fashion. Some black jeans and a striped green-and-white shirt, with a comfortable pair of combat-like black boots, completed your outfit.

You weren't trying to impress Hoseok, but you didn't want to look careless. It wouldn't hurt to at least try to look decent. Decent-ish.

Speaking of looking, Yoongi had never told you what the boys' reaction to your picture was. You figured he must have had to do some shutting-up, as he'd threatened. You were used to it; being half Korean and half American, you felt like you were far from either country's ideal.

You tried to tiptoe past the kitchen, where you heard your mother and her boyfriend. Almost to the door, you pulled your bag more securely onto your shoulder.

"Y/N!" your mother called. "Is that you?"

"Yes, Eomeoni, I'm going to catch the bus now," you said, cringing.

"Hold up a minute, let me see you," she said. You stood by the door, shuffling your feet, until they both showed up.

"Is that what you're wearing on the date!?" your mother yelled.

"Yes, this is what I am wearing."

"Go change into something nice!" she screamed. "Stop dressing like a peasant!"

"This is what I am wearing," you repeated, opening the door.

Your mother yanked you back. "No, it is not," she said.

You mother's boyfriend reached in and gently pushed you out of your mother's grasp. "She looks very nice, jagiya, why don't you let her go catch her bus."

"Fine," she pouted. "At least put some jewelry on?"

"I have it in my bag to put on later. Bye!" You strode down the path toward the station.

Well at least her boyfriend didn't have a bad temper this time, even if he was a total creep.

"Min Yoongi, if you ever ask another favor from me..." you muttered.

Boarding the bus, you claimed a seat and prepared for the ride to Seoul. It was eleven a.m. - only eight more hours.

As you settled back in the seat, you noticed your leg bouncing up and down. Stop being so jittery, you told yourself.

You sighed heavily and threw your head back on the seat. Picking up your phone, you dialed Julia. It was only nine p.m. in Chicago, and you doubted your friend was sleeping yet.

"Julia?"

"Oh, hi Y/N! You had a safe flight to Korea?"

"Yes."

"How's your mom?"

"She has a new boyfriend, a real creep."

"She never learns, does she?"

"Nope." You tapped your arm on the armrest. You really wanted to talk to Julia about tonight's date, but you had no idea how to lead into it. "Julia?"

"What's up, hon?"

"You'll never guess what I'm doing tonight."

"Skinny dipping," she said, and laughed.