7

Brief allusion to mature content

Hoseok dried his hair quickly and shoved his shoes on. As the time had gotten later and later, he'd kept practicing his dance, channeling his anger at the comments, the member's meddling, and himself. He'd crossly decided to dance instead of going to the stupid date.

But as seven o'clock had rolled around, he'd been bothered by thoughts of some stranger sitting in a restaurant waiting for him all night. And now, after a rushed shower, he was actually heading out the door.

When he got to the restaurant, he walked in and pulled his mask off. A small table in the back, Yoongi had said.

As if Yoongi had been able to set this up. There must've been more people involved, probably staff. Which meant the company knew about it, so they must have approved of it. The whole thing reeked of fabrication.

He'd already decided what he'd say to this girl: that he knew it was a phony date and he didn't want to waste either of their time.

Approaching the back, he saw a table with one girl sitting alone. He plastered on a smile, his most convincing one, and walked forward.

*

You concentrated as your thumb and forefinger creased the paper into a fine line. You'd folded your own napkin into a crane, made some weird shape out of the paper that had been wrapped around your chopsticks, and then sat for twenty minutes before your fidgeting fingers had reached for Hoseok's napkin and began to make another crane.

Folding out the wings, you turned the crane over in your hands. Gently pulling down the head into its V shape, you set the crane onto Hoseok's plate.

Settling back into your seat, you slowly became aware that someone had been standing beside the table since you'd formed the crane's body.

Cursing yourself for not noticing, you turned your head quickly to look at the young man standing there with a wide grin. Of course it was Hoseok; who else could you have ignored for a solid two minutes than the person you were supposed to cheer up with a date!!!

"A-annyeong, I'm Y/F/N," you stammered, standing up and bowing, then sitting down when you realized you were repeatedly bowing for no reason. "I'm so sorry for not noticing you!"

Hoseok laughed, and you were surprised at how light and beautiful it was. "That's fine." He sat down and looked at your plate and his, then nudged his crane so that it was at the same angle. "Now we match."

You smiled uncertainly. A waiter materialized beside the table to ask for orders. You gladly ordered, then looked at Hoseok, who seemed about to protest. You watched him shrug and order some food, then pick up the crane on his plate and move it aside.

"So, I'm Jung Hoseok, as you already seem to know," he said, looking at you.

"Yes, I looked up a few pictures when..." you realized that you didn't know how Yoongi had explained the date to him. "When I was told about the date..."

"Why did Yoongi set this up?" he asked pleasantly. "Was it to make me feel better?"

You relaxed, not knowing how tense you'd been. "You know this is a fake date?" You winced as the words left your mouth. If he hadn't known, he certainly did now.

"I figured it had to be - Yoongi-hyung's reasoning was so flimsy."

You smiled. "He tried, anyways."