8

A/N: FINALLY after a YEAR I have AT LAST updated! Thank you for still reading this!

*

You leaned closer to look at the picture of Hoseok's family. "Oh, they look so nice. Your sister is really pretty."

Smiling, he put his phone away. "What about your family?"

You shrugged, quickly deciding not to get into everything. From the way Hoseok had seemed so interested in your negative reaction to your mother's vulgar text, you knew that he wouldn't ignore a hint that your relationship with your parents wasn't positive. "Well, my dad is an American lawyer. He came over here for business, then met my mom, married her, and they had me. My mom has money from her family; some uncle or cousin or something."

"Yeah, but what are they like?"

"Okay, I guess. They're not together anymore."

Hoseok raised his eyebrow. "Was that tough for you?"

You shrugged again; it seemed to be the only motion you could come up with to express your family. "Not so much; I was only five, and I thought moving to America with my dad was an adventure." Plus, you hadn't minded leaving your mother. Not at all.

"So when did you live near Yoongi?"

"My dad sent me back when I was about eleven, and I didn't leave until I was almost nineteen and went to college in the States. I left shortly after Yoongi succeeded in his audition and moved to Seoul."

The memory of the months before college, when you were stuck at home without Yoongi, struck you with an almost physical pain. You coughed, and started to eat again, just to get your mind off those terrible times.

"So I forgot to ask – how old are you?" Hoseok asked after taking a bite.

You looked up at him. "Here, I'm twenty-five. The same age as Yoongi."

"No way, you're older than me?"

You laughed at his expression. "I was born in 1993 – and you?"

"1994." He smiled at you and asked, "So do you want me to call you noona?"

"Oh heavens no. I'm more comfortable with just my name."

"Okay." Hoseok began to eat again, and you watched the funny but cute way he chewed. It was pretty adorable.

You looked at your plate, and were happy to see that the food was almost gone. Even though the dinner had gone well – you and Hoseok had talked about family, experiences in school, his work as an idol, your work as a graphic designer, and even started making up fictional backstories about the people in the restaurant – you were getting tired of trying to comfortably fill the silence.

As you finished off your dinner, you sighed. "I love Korean food."

"How about that young couple at the second table on the left?" Hoseok pointed.

"Oh, are we still playing this game?" You looked over at the couple he'd mentioned. "Let's see... they're both well-dressed. So I'm going to say that he is rich but too stingy to go to nice restaurants. She's going to leave him in less than three months."

"All your scenarios are so depressing!" Hoseok complained.

You laughed. "All yours are very unrealistic."