5

You looked at the staff member who'd picked you up from the bus station. "So do you know what I'm here for?"

She nodded. "We're setting up a secure, private spot where you and J-Hope can have dinner. We were reluctant to agree to this, you know. If you make things worse, our boss will be very displeased."

You swallowed. "I'll do my best to cheer him up."

She looked at you sternly. "You better."

You squirmed, the nervousness reappearing. "Is it too late to cancel?" you asked in a rush. "It's kind of been a long time since I've been on a date, and I don't know what to do!"

Her face showed a mixture of amusement and derision. "Be cute and romantic and make him feel like he's a great person. It's not that hard."

You laughed shortly. "Oh yes ma'am, not difficult in the slightest," you muttered in English.

She glared at you. "I know you're mouthing off," she said.

"Sorry."

She shook her head. "What was Suga thinking?" she said, more to herself than to you.

"I don't know," you admitted. "I really don't know why he'd think I would be the best choice for this."

"From what I hear, you were pretty much the only choice," she said. "It's a shame."

You smiled bitterly out the window. "Are we almost to the building?"

"Patience."

A few minutes later, you noticed your legs jittering and tried to still them. Not only were you nervous about the date tonight, which you were beginning to think would go horribly, but you were about to meet Yoongi for the first time in years. At one time he'd been a brother to you; what would he be like now?

You were startled by a hand on your shoulder, and you looked over to the staff member. She smiled a tiny bit.

"Look, don't let yourself get pressured. Just be relaxed and get to know J-Hope, and I'm sure you can get through the evening just fine."

You smiled and nodded. "Thanks. I'll do my best."

The car stopped, and you looked at the building anxiously. The staff member said, "We'll come take you to the location in a few hours. Until then, stay out of sight. Suga will tell you where to go."

You nodded, mouth dry. "He's in this building, right?"

"Yes, he'll meet you inside. Please, mentally prepare yourself for the date. It's very important that you not mess this up."

You rubbed your sweaty hands on your pants. "I know. I'll try." You got up from your seat and opened the door.

"Fighting," the staff member said.

"Thanks," you said, shutting the door and walking to the building.

Entering the building, you looked around for Yoongi. Wandering around the lobby, you sighed and pulled out your phone. Where are you, Yoongi? you texted.

Coming, he replied. You stood around waiting for a moment, trying to convince yourself not to be nervous.

"Y/N." You turned around as he walked out of the elevator.