The Explosive One

Nothing ever seemed to go right for Mako Rutledge, the way he ended up looking, where he lives, and ending up lonely. He didn't mind the solitude honestly, it was better for him when he wanted peace and quiet, but when he wanted a bit of noise, the silence did not suffice. Mako could never find anything to do in his small farm house either, so that didn't help his bordem or to take away the piercing noise of nothing. The only thing he could think of doing, was to pace the house enough until he couldn't walk anymore.

As Mako sat, he sighed, resting his tired legs. This wasn't a new routine due to this being the only routine he had. Wake up, eat breakfast, pace, rest, pace, lunch, pace, rest, pace, dinner, bed. His life wasn't very exciting. Mako was about ready to get back up to pace more but heard a thud outside and saw a bright light shine through the window. The large man stood and walked outside, after pulling on his boots.

He could see a bit of fire around a crater in the ground, smoke around the whole area, making it hard to breath. Mako wheezed slightly as he covered his nose and mouth with his arm. As he moved closer, he could see a figure start to rise. He began to grow a bit fearful at what this thing was but, noticed it was just some kid. Mako watched as a thin boy rose up, his hair messy, and his eyes tired.

Mako started to move closer. "Are you.. Okay kid?"

The boy quickly looked up, bright orange eyes looking into Mako's palish eyes. His hair shot up in flames as his hands turned a light red. The large man jumped back slightly in surprise and fear of the boy now monster.

The boys eyes widened. "Wait, mate! I-I won't hurt you. I swear." The boys hair died down slowly and showed a dirty blonde, with small flames on the tips. He moved closer and grabbed Makos hand and smiled.

Mako looked at the kid with confusion. "What.. Are you? Why are you here?"

The boy looked around and scratched his head. "I'm honestly not so sure myself mate." He then let out a low chuckle, then sighed. "I... I'm not sure why I'm here. All I know, is that this isn't home. Uh.. And what I am? I'm a... I'm not so sure about that either..." The boy then shrugged and hugged himself. He sighed softly and went quiet, to begin to shiver. Mako looked at him and moved closer, to pull him into a hug.

"Hey, kid, why don't you Come with me? Maybe in the morning we could find out what you are, and where you Come from. How about that?"

The boy looked up with slight pink cheeks, smiling. He then nodded.

Mako looked at him. "Now.. Do you have a name?"

The kid looked down and thought. He then looked up and nodded. "Yeah. Neurion." The boy smiled and looked up at Mako. Mako only returned a confused face as to what the boy just said but nodded and smiled anyway.

"How about.. I just call you Jamison. Okay?" The kid smiled and nodded in response. Mako grabbed his hand and brought Jamison inside the house to get him settled in. As Mako watched over him, Jamison fell asleep on the couch slowly. Mako felt a small smile creep on his lips as He left the boy to have the living room all to himself.