Chapter 3: Scarecrow

After an eternity, the school day it's over! So it's time for me to go home. Unfortunately the only thing that I don't like is 1) that I have to walk by myself on the dangerous streets of Gotham city and 2) I have to walk by a scary dead end street that gives me the creeps. Just so you know, this is not uncommon in Gotham, there are many alleys everywhere. Even though I walk through here everyday, something feels different this time, sending a shiver down my spine.

Soon I heard footsteps behind me, rapidly approaching me, thus pulling me out of my thoughts. I force myself to walk faster but a guy with a mask appears out of nowhere and stops me...

"Where you going girly?" He says with a deep voice, somewhat scary and intimidating.

My hands clench into fists and I respond in a firm voice, "I don't want any trouble sir."

He sees my clenched fists and smirks. "You think you are very brave huh?" The guys asks and another one appears behind me. Great! There's two of them against me. There is no way out, my only option is to fight. By the time my brain registers what's happening, one of the guys pins my arms to the wall. Immediately I close my fists ready to punch him and defend myself.

"No no no, no fighting back beautiful, we'll try to make this as painful as possible" without thinking twice I kick him as hard as I can between his legs. Of course the other guy pulled me to the floor with a knife on his hand, he tried to pin me to the floor, focussing on his strength but I knew better than that. I have to look for a weakness, something, anything, I just need a soft spot to attack and escape. I pull my strength on my shoulders and tried to push really hard. Since he wasn't expecting it he lost his balance giving me time to get up. For some reason I can smell my blood, that kind of metal smell. Looking down to scan my body, I notice that he managed to make a deep cut near my wrist. I need to run, but they are faster and stronger than me.

For a moment I feel lost, like I'm going to loose and die, at least I better die trying to escape. I try to kick the guy and just as I predicted he stopped my leg so I used the other one to kick and punch him at the same time leaving him unconscious...

One down one to go...

The other guy is laughing in an evil way. I run towards him and go under him between his legs. His mistake was leaving his legs open. When I'm behind him I kick him on the back, making his head hit the wall.

I stand there a little surprised. When did I learned to fight like that? Shaking my head, I pull my backpack and get ready to leave. I think I'm safe, at least for now. I think to myself letting out a shaky breath.

I was so wrong.

From the darkness I saw a shadow coming out, not showing himself completely.

"BRAVO! You managed to take down two of my men!" He says clapping slowly and loudly. "Let's see how you handle this, and just remember this, my name is Scarecrow" He sounded scary, worse than the first guy who attacked me. Then I heard a pop sound and some kind of poison started spreading through the air.

Cough, cough.. I pull my shirt over my nose but it doesn't help much, the poison is penetrating my shirt. My head starts pounding and my vision is getting blurry. Then I start losing my balance, making lean on the brick wall next to me. What is happening?

I had no idea of what was happening, but my legs give out, making me collapse against the hair concrete. I hear myself scream, not because I'm scared, but because I think I hurt something in my body. Ouch.

Then I see the man's face, well not exactly, he is wearing something that covers his face, it's a mask that looks like he made in a hurry and he's scaring people with it and with his poison. His mask is sown and very strange. It reminds me of potato sack?

"So let's see how much you can stand from my poison! Normally you get to a certain point and then you go mad or crazy whichever you want to call it. Now missy, should we start testing?" I couldn't see his face but I could imagine his evil smile.

Then out of nowhere I saw another guy, but he must be on the good side because he started to fight Scarecrow. He has black hair, a black and blue armor and a black mask. I just watch him fight, he is AMAZING!

When Scarecrow is down he comes close to me.

"Don't worry everything will be okay, just hold tight and try as hard as you can to stay with me!" Then he put his arm around my waist,  he shoots something to the roof and we start hanging from rooftop to rooftop. I could just hear the guy murmur. "Stay with me, stay with me, we're almost there"

Then he noticed I'm staring at him.

"Are you okay, you still with me?" He asks.

"Yes I'm fine, may I ask what's your name?"

"Oh yeah, I'm sorry I totally forgot to introduce myself, my name is Nightwing" he said with a smile "Just try to keep awake please we're almost there"

I was trying really hard but I just could keep my eyes open, I felt like I was drifting away....

Just in time we arrived at a strange place and I closed my eyes, letting my head fall.