Chapter 40: journey to the past.

Lately I've being thinking about all the events that have taken place in my life, reviewing each memory and trying to put everything together or find a missing clue but I come out with nothing.

This weekend I'm visiting Gotham to take care of some stuff and then I'm going back to Metropolis.

On my way to Gotham I think about Dick, I really like him but I don't want him to get hurt, I really miss him and I'm going to try to put my life back in place.

I arrive at the Manor and Alfred opens the door.

"Glad to see again" he says.

"It's good to be back" I say taking in the Manor, my home.

"Do you need help with your bags?"

"Don't worry Alfred I'll do it, is Bruce home?"

"Yes, you know where to find him"

"Right" he's in the Bat cave of course. He spends most of his time there.

Before going to the Bat cave, I stop by my room and leave my bags on the bed.

As I go down I see Dick training, but I don't see Stephanie.

"Where's Stephanie?" I ask.

"I fired her. She is no longer Robin and I've told all the birds not to train her" a Bruce says.

"Fine with me" you see normally when Bruce makes a decision I follow it, after all he is Batman.

"Hey" Dick says.

"Hey" I can't help it, I really want to tell him everything but it's really complicated.

He turns around and starts to walk away. I walk after him and when he turns I hug him.

"I missed you" I tell him.

"I missed you too" he hugs me tight.

"Mhm" Bruce clears his throat. "Are you two done?"

"Right" I say and walk towards the table. Bruce is going to take a blood sample and analyze it.

"I see that you too are talking again" Bruce says as he gets the stuff ready.

"Not exactly, but I'm trying to fix some stuff. I would like to tell him what's going on, but the truth is, I'm not even sure what's going on with me"

He grabs a needle with a tube and puts it in my arm. He takes the blood sample to analyze it.

"You might feel a little weak, it's better to rest" he tells me.

I nod and go to my room. When I open the door I see a man standing near my window.........

At first my muscles tense and my mind is ready to create a plan, but then the individual step into the light.

Brainiac.

"What are you doing here?" I ask him.

"I came to show you your past so you know who you really are" Brainiac says.

"Are you coming with me?"

"Yes, I'll be your guide. When we go your body is going to stay, as if you were sleeping, make sure there are no interruptions."

"Okay but let tell the others just so they don't worry"

He nods and I go back to the Bat cave.

"Bruce?"

"Yes? Is everything okay?" He asks.

I see Dick walking towards us.

"Brainiac is here, we are going to time travel"