CHAPTER 29

"Nasa shower lang si Ara Thomas," Cyd said when she saw me enter the gym.

From the hospital, I went straight here where Ara's practice is being held. Some of her teammates are already out.

"Okay Cyd, antay na lang ako dito," I answered.

"Sige, una na ko, keri mo na ba diyan?" she asked.

"Yeah I'm alright," I said and the friendly face went off.

My seat was even near hot when Ara came out with Kim and Cienne. She was talking to her friend intently like they're talking about serious matter. Then Cienne noticed me waiting and she pointed me to my girl. Ara's face lit up when she saw me waiting in the bleacher. She immediately ran to me.

"Hey," I greeted when she's just a few feet away from me.

She tackled me with a bear hug when she reached. "Hi," she said without breaking the hug. "How did everything go? How are you?"

I pulled her to arms-length to see her face, "I feel weird."

Ara smiled, "Amirra's yours?" I nodded and busied my eyes with the ground. "Oh eh bakit ka malungkot?"

I looked back to her, "I don't know what you will feel about this."

"I'll be happy if you are. I'll be sad if you are. I'll be angry if you're angry," she said. "Pick one."

This girl, how can she be this amazing? Oh I forgot she's ARA-mazing.

"Happy," I told her.

"It doesn't show," she raised an eyebrow at me.

I gave her a forced smile.

"That's not happy Thomas, that's constipated," she playfully said.

"Oy Thomas!" I heard Kim called me. Cienne and her already reached where Ara and I are standing.

I pulled Ara to my side and hooked my arm around her waist. I also took her gym from her.

"Yes Kim?" I asked.

"Anong ginawa mo kay Ara? Bakit tulaley yan?" Kim accused.

My forehead creased and turned to Ara who's giving Kim a look. "Kimmy," Ara warned her friend.

"What's wrong?" I asked my girl.

"Nothing," she said. "Kung anu-ano lang yang mga pinagsasabi ni Kim. Hindi kasi maayos set niya ngayon hindi ko maabot."

"Hoy Victonara, hindi best setter to kung hindi maayos mag-set," Cienne added. "Ano bang nangyari?"

Ara seemed to shutting her friends up in minute movements.

"Wala nga, tigilan niyo na nga ako," Ara told her friends.

"Hayaan mo na nga yan," Kim said then turned to Ara. "Magpahinga ka na lang. Sa sunod na practice, bawi na lang."

"Opo bossing," Ara said.

"Una na kami, kaw na bahala diyan Thomas," Cienne said.

"Yes po," I said and the two girls went away.

I turned to Ara, "What are they talking about?"

"Wala," Ara dismissed. "Medyo shunga lang today. Woke up on the wrong side of the bed, I guess."

"You woke up beside me," I raised an eyebrow at her.

"I did not, nung nagising ako nagluluto ka na," Ara playfully said trying to deviate my questioning. "Baka siguro ganun, iniwan mo ko."