Chapter 9- Scent

It was early the next morning when we got home, after the other days events I was spent. So just like I'd predicted I didn't walk back to the castle myself, instead Sesshomaru carried me back in his arms like a princess. I'll admit I liked it, that was until we got to the front gate of the castle and the guards saw us and started to sniffle there laughter at the sight. I'm sure they were only teasing me, seeing as they had nothing else to do with there time, being guards and all. But even so, I didn't like being laughed so I had tried to get my brother to put me down. Of course he refused and said, "Why should I? You're my mate, if I want to carry you then I will. Ignore them." I guess nothing bothered him huh, that was just like my brother to not have his feathers ruffled by anyone. I wish I could be like that, just letting others rude words or behavior roll off me like water, not letting it affect me. Before I knew it I'd long forgot about the guards laughter and soon found myself laying my head on Sesshomaru's chest listening to the sound of his heart beat as he walked with me in his arms. I listening to it beat for a long time not noticing at all that my brother was watching me quietly. A little while later we were back in our room and he gently set me down on the king bed, then taking a seat beside me. He stared at me in silence as if to analyze how I was doing, when I couldn't take his intense gaze on me anymore I spoke up.

"What is it?"

"...Hm?"

"Why are you staring at me like that?"

I could feel his eyes take on a darker hue, a hunger shown in them. No words were needed to know then what he desired, but even knowing all this I looked down out of embarrassment, not able to take such a stare for too long for fear I'd turn to jello. 

"...Is your body okay?"

My head snapped back to look at him, and I felt my embarrassment spike but I tried to act calm.

"H-huh? Oh, yeah. I'm fine."

"Hmm.... Good."

I could see a smile show up on his face as he looked at me and leaned down to kiss my forehead, brushing his fingers slowly through my hair. I felt my face heat up and I shut my eyes, I swore I could heard my pulse racing, I hoped he never knew. Just being this close to him made my heart race. "Ah...that's it isn't it?  I love him...I love him so much, I don't know what to do." When did I start feeling such strong feelings like this? I couldn't say, maybe it was the first time he held me. Or even before then....no, if I was being truly honest it was from the very beginning. "Yes...ever since the beginning."  Not that he'd ever know, it was my secret. I opened my eyes then and looked up into his eyes, those golden eyes that were like the sun and yet also like deep pools, like looking into an ocean. He leaned his forehead to mine and smiled at me, the most gentle smile I'd ever seen him show me. Then he shut his eyes and whispered to me, his words sounding like sweet lullaby.

"Your scent...do you know what it does to me?"

"....Huh?"

"...Your scent is the only one that can drive me crazy like this."

"My scent?"

"Yes. So please don't stir me up anymore then this, I won't be able to hold back."

I feel the heat in my body rise from his words, almost sound desperate. He was not the only one though, I'd felt it lately too. His scent alone, could make me lose all control. It took all my will power to not want  him 24/7. "Was this how it was when you were in love...? To want your lover all the time?" Desire....so much desire. I felt like our feelings were being transmitted to one another, and in that instant I wanted to let him know how much he affected me as well. 

I took his one hand and placed it over my heart, then looked at him as his eyes met mine.

"It's alright. I feel the same as you.... can't you hear it?"