Chapter 5-Auction Part One

"Sully?" I hear Nate ask, I look over to where Nate's looking, where a dark figure could be seen sitting on a chair, smoking away, I smile once I hear the figure start talking, it is Sully. "Know what I love about partying with a bunch of crooks?"

"And what is that?" I ask as he turns on the lamp next to him revealing it is him, grey hairs no covered his head and upper lips, wrinkles now coming into view and he's still kicking, even for his age.

"Nobody cares if you smoke indoors," Sully laughs and gets up to hug Nate before turning to me, "Hey, Sully," I say as I hug him, "I'm glad to see you again, kid," he says before pulling away, Sully has always been a father to me, my real father is a piece of shit, so was my mother, they were never parents, just complete and utter cowards, if I ever had kids, I'd never do what they had done to me to them, it's just sick! 

"You remember my dead brother, right?" Nate asks I move away so I'm standing next to Sully, just as Sam reveals himself, "Victor,"

Sully walks forward towards Sam and says his famous quote, I heard him say so many times, "I'll be goddamned. Fifteen years..." Sam nods and agrees as the two shakes each other's hand, "Let's uh... try keeping him alive by getting this cross, huh?" Nate says and of course, something had to change the plan.

"Yeah, uh... about that..." Sully says, this caused us to worry slightly, Sam quickly questions about it, I could tell he's worried, who wouldn't his life is at risk and he needs this cross. "C'mon, lemme show you something," Sully says to the indoor balcony.

I could hear a woman talking, I look down to where she stands with a piece of paper in her hand and next to her is a dagger, some kind golden ball (no idea what it is) and Avery's cross, I sign once I notice it, of course, it's out.

"They brought it out of storage just before you guys got here," Sully announces as I move to lean on the banister, I shake my head, I can't believe this is happening, "They changed the lot order," Sam says, standing next to me.

"Take a whole pile of cash to make that happen," Sully says, I look over to Sam to see he had an annoyed look on his face, I place my hand on his back, Sam turns to look at me, I send him a small smile, reassuring him that we will get the cross, he smiles back before pulling me into his side for a second just as Nate asks about the time before the bidding starts and Sully replies, "Ten, fifteen minutes tops,"

"We'll have to act fast, but how?" I ask as I turn to face the two, "There is just the small matter of a few hundred eyewitnesses down there," Sully says look over to me, "A diversion is the only thing I've got in mind," I say but I had no idea what it would be.

I turn back and watched everything happening below, "What if they don't see us?" I hear Sam say, I look up at him with a confused look, "Jesus, you guys act like you've never spent time in prison. If you want something dirty done... then you wait..."

"For lights out," Nate, Sully and I say together, I smile as Nate opens the map of the place, looking for the electric panel. "There's ventilation, electrical... That's it up here," Nate announces pointing to the spot where the panel is on the map. "So we just climb up there and kill the lights..."

"Grab the cross in the dark," Sam finishes off what Nathan had said before Sully announces about the emergency generator. "We'll need to be close to the cross, but it would be suspicious for one of us to be standing near there,"

"Scustate, signori..." We all turn around once we heard a voice to see a woman dressed in red and white, a waitress. We all denied, well apart from Sam, who grabbed a piece of the tray. "That will work," Nate announces, it definitely could, a waitress could get close enough without anyone getting suspicious.

"All right, I'll get on the breaker room, kill the power," Nate says and Sam turns and looks at me, "Ivory can be the waiter," I look at him shaking my head, disagreeing. "Nope, that's your job. I'm going to stay here,"

"You're the best pickpocket," Nate says to Sam before turning to look at me and Sully, "You two head down to the floor, keep an eye on the prize, okay? Let us know if anything, uh... hinky... goes down,"

"Of course," I say before we all start following Sully to the bottom floor but I stopped once I noticed Sam had walked onto the balcony, I walk towards him, standing next to him to see him looking down.

"What are you doing?" I ask and Sam looks to me with a worried look on his face as he replied, "Just going over our exit strategy... it's gonna be hairy," I sign and just looked at him for a moment, he gotta feel terrified of going back there and I know he's scared for all of us as well but he can't let this get to him.

"Sam, it will be ok. We've been through worse than this," I say, grabbing his hand off the edge, holding it in mine and smiled at him, "Yeah, I know, I know. I just... trying not to imagine what they'll do if they catch us,"

He looks away from me but it didn't last long since I pulled his arm, to make him turn to me completely and to keep him facing me, I let go of his arm and place them on his waist, looking up at him, trying my hardest to reassure him.

"Sam... we'll be fine, if things do turn bad, we'll get out of this," I say and Sam nods and pulls me into a hug, I rest my head on his collarbone while his head rests on the top of my head, "Come on, we better go and find Sully and Nate," I say and pulled out of the hug, I walked ahead of Sam as we get to the bottom floor to find Nate and Sully.

"Look who decided to turn up," I hear Sully, I roll my eyes once we find them where the cellar door is, "We wondered where you two disappeared too," Nate says once he saw me and Sam. "We got lost in the crowd and couldn't find you," I reply and they both nod, I could some always get away with lying to them, but when I lie to Sam, yeah, he could just tell I was lying, it's very annoying.

"The door's locked," Nate announces to us, just as we hear something, we all move away from the door just as someone walks out, possible the bartender, he nods at us and slowly walks away with a bottle of red wine.

"You see that?" Sam asks and we all nod as we notice the man had put a keycard in his back pocket, "I'm on it," Nate announces but Sam stops him asking if he's sure about doing it, I've never seen Nate pickpocket someone but we may as well let him have a try, I watch the two brothers walk away in different directions.

I stand quietly with Sully and looked around the ground, my face paled once I notice someone I recognised, "Hey, kid. you all right?" I hear Sully ask and I nod, "You look a bit pale, you sure,"

"Yeah, I fine," I say with a fake smile before looking back the crowd, to see the person is no longer there, maybe it was just my imagination. I hope so.