Chapter 9-Cathedral

We both slowly move away, even though I'm happy that I'd final gain the courage to kiss him, I shouldn't have done it, it's just not right to kiss your best friend.

"I-I'm sorry," I quickly apologise, trying so hard to avoid his eyes but that didn't last long since Sam, grabs my chin making me look up at him, I notice a change of his expression, he has a smile on his face, not his smirk but a smile.

"I'm glad you did that... I've always wanted to do it since we were teens," Sam says before leaning down to kiss me again, the kiss this time lasts a little long but not that long since Nate decides to call out.

"Come on, you two! You can do that later!"

I almost jump away in shock, I could feel a red tint come to my cheek as they heat up in embarrassment whilst Sam smirks, of course, he'd be smirking. "Come on, let's go before your brother has a fit," I tell in a whisper but I knew he still heard what I had said due to the small chuckle as we both follow Nate to the camp below.

"What the hell is all this?" Nate asks as Sam, slides down the rope. I look around in confusion, having no clue what it is but didn't take long for me to learn what it is. "It's excavation equipment," Sam announces.

"Shoreline...?" 

"What?" Sam and I asked as we walk towards Nate, who pointed to a blue barrel, "I thought they were just by the cathedral!" 

Suddenly someone comes out of nowhere and started firing, we all jump in shock but quickly got down, getting in cover before a bullet could hit us. I quickly pull out my gun and started firing, thankfully, there weren't that many guys so it took like no time to get rid of them.

"We're good, we're good," I repeat to myself, pushing a piece of my hair behind my ear so it wouldn't get into my face anymore. "Yeah, nice to meet you too, Shoreline. Seems like they were expecting us," I hear Nate say as he walks up the small hill, covered in some snow. 

"... And like they're searching away from the cathedral," Sam replies as he walks towards me, as I slowly walk up the hill, "Well... we better get to the cathedral and fast," I tell them and started jogging ahead, only to stop once an explosion could be heard in the distance, I guess they are now officially blowing it up. 

I slide down off the side of the small hill, entering another camp with more equipment, I quickly grab my gun, just in case any more men are here but this camp isn't like the other one. This one is a lot bigger and has more equipment.

"What is this place?" I hear Sam ask from behind, which is pretty quite due to me being further ahead. "The monks had several living quarters... the main one being by the graveyard, of course,"

I slowly walk around the camp, looking at all the equipment. I walk further down the camp only to hear a quiet explosion from the distance and Nate's comment on them blowing themselves up which causes me and Sam to chuckle but secretly hoping they would, it would definitely make our time getting to the Cathedral a lot easier.

"Oh... I think we should take them off of him," I say as I walk back to where Sam and Nate are standing, Nate playfully glares and replies, "It's like you don't trust me," He holds up one of the dynamites which made me shake my head.

"Yeah, not with them in your hands. I've seen how much you like to bring attention to yourself, that includes you," I say pointing at Sam at the end before Nate lights up the dynamite and throws it towards the wooden doors, exploding the door into pieces.

"That was... very loud. Hopefully they didn't hear us," Sam announces as we walk towards the now open entrance, "Well, hopefully we just blend in with the other explosions," Nate replies as I roll my eyes and made a sarcastic comment. "Of course it will,"

We all walk in, only to find out that we can't boost each other up due to it being far too high. "Hey, we can use that yellow crate," Sam announces pointing to the crate up past a small wall. I allow those two to go ahead whilst I watch just in case any shorelines turn up and like I expected they did.

I quickly run and hide in the grass but not without gesturing the boys about the guys. I peek through the grass to see a guy coming towards me, I duck back down, thinking what I should and decide to be stealthy.

The guy walks straight past me, I make sure no one is looking before jumping onto his back, snapping his neck. I look over to the other patch of grass to see Nate and Sam taking out the other two, leaving me with one above me.

On the floor where Nate and Sam found the yellow crate. I sneak over, making sure not to make to much noise, grabbing onto his leg and pulling it from under him causing him to fall and smack his head on the edge of the wall and fell into the patch of grass.

"Are you all right?" 

I turn to see Sam walking over to me whilst Nate walks away, pushing the yellow crate towards where he had blown up the doors. I nod my head as I nudge Sam forward, he smirks but still walks ahead of me before we all jump up to the top, through the roof.

I pant and groan as I pull myself up, Sam quickly grabs my hands and helps me up the remainder of the way before going over to help Nate up. I turn around to see the cathedral, it looks a lot better from up here, we could see everything.

"All right, there it is. The monks' dorm. Just a hop, skip, and a jump away," Nate said, causing Sam and I to groan, "Ah, don't jinx us," Sam tells him as Nate slides down the slop. I turn to look at Sam.

"You took the words right out of my mouth," Before I slide down myself following after Nate, "Ah! Whoo, burns a little," Nate says to himself as I wince from all the rocks sticking into my skin. I quickly wipe all the small stones and dust whilst we wait for Sam to come down which didn't take long and of course, he enjoyed it.

And lucky for him, there is another one but this time we could fall to our deaths if we don't do it right, I'm the one to go first, sliding down before jumping and gripping onto the rocks across from me, I sign in relief that I'd made it as I climb but stopped once I heard voices, I quickly shushed the two men so we could listen in.

"The next, he's paying us double to wipe them out. You go where the money leads you," One of the men below us says causing the other guy to chuckle and tell him how cold his statement is. I watch as one walks the opposite way, I look up to see Nate and Sam next to me.

I raise an eyebrow, basically asking which one is going down first, Sam carefully nudges Nate who signed before waiting for the right moment and dropping down landing straight on the man.

I drop down landing in front of Nate, carefully moving in the long grass hiding from the other two which I knew Nate and Sam were going to take care of. I kept a look out to see other men right in front of us, thankfully in different places making this a lot easier, well... that's if Nate hasn't jinxed us.