Chapter 8-Scotland

"Well. Rafe's really going all in, isn't he?" I hear Sam ask from behind me as I stare at the Cathedral which is slowly falling apart, as some of the building are gone but it's still an amazing site, not as nice as the one from Italy but it's up there.

"Well, they're all concentrated around the cathedral, so that's good..." Nate replies as he grabs his binoculars and takes a look, "Because we are going to have that graveyard all to ourselves," I chuckle when he says that, he looks at me in confusion on why I'm laughing.

"What?... We properly won't now since you've said that, you've jinxed us," I tell him with a smirk as Sam laughs and Nate rolls his eyes before turning away to speak with Sully. "So, how you doing?" Sam asks as he walks over to me, putting his arm on my shoulder as a comfort.

"I'll be fine, I just hope he's not here and I was imagining it," I tell him, as I carry on staring at the cathedral. "I'm glad you're here," I turn to look up at Sam, I raise an eyebrow and smiled before I put my closest hand onto his waist, leaning my head just below the shoulder.

"I glad you're out and ok, that day is one that I never want to remember and now I think it could be easier now I know you're alive," I tell him, moving away so I'm now standing in front of him, I frown as he looks down to the floor, I reach up and put my hand on his stubbled cheek making him look up at me.

"I can tell you feel guilty about it but don't be, it wasn't your fault," I reassure him, obviously not knowing what the real risen is. "I've missed you, you know," I announce, Sam frown turns into a smirk, I roll my eyes at the smirk, should have known that this would happen.

"Have you now?" Sam asks, sarcastically. "Don't worry though, I sort of missed you as well," I gasp in a playful shock before chuckling. "Sort of? Really?"

Sam smirks before once again, wrapping his arm around my shoulder and pulling me into his side as we both look at the cathedral, "I just hope we can find the treasure, so you can come back safe. Sad, you've always been a bad influence on me,"

"Now, that's a lie," Sam laughs and I shake my head disagreeing when I used to see him in the orphanage since we had to go there once and a while, Sam always managed to get me in trouble with the nuns, even though I know it was my fault, I still think he is a bad influence on me.

"Well, let's go pay our respects to Captain Avery, huh?" Sam says and starts walking ahead once he noticed Nate coming back. Nate and I follow after Sam, walking over the snowy grass which crunches under our shoes.

"A Scottish cathedral. Strange place to bury your treasure, no?" Sam questions and I quickly reply, "What do you expect, Avery was the one hiding it. Anything could happen will he was involved,"

Sam chuckles whilst Nate also answers Sam, "Not really. I mean, by the time Avery would've sailed here, the place was already abandoned,"

"I guess that's true. Plus, with the massive bounty on his head...  It'd be a good place to hide," Sam announces and I nod my head agreeing, it's very true. "Yeah your right, with that bounty and having a load of treasure I would hide it anywhere, but he has done a good job hiding," I announce as I reach Sam, so I'm now walking alongside him.

"Hi," Sam greets, which causes me to chuckle but I did send a high back. I'm so glad he still has that same personality, this hunt for Avery's treasure wouldn't be the same, like when I helped Nate in El Dorado, he had and still have the same personality as Sam which made it loads better, even though it can sometimes be annoying.

"So... what happened between you two and Rafe?" Sam asks me and Nate, I couldn't be near Rafe since Sam 'died'. If he didn't shoot Vargas, we wouldn't have been in that situation but I could never blame him for what happened to Sam since he didn't make Sam jump across.

"I couldn't deal with him anymore," Nate starts to say and I nod my head agreeing, "... and I'm pretty sure he'd had enough of me, I was still coming to grips your, uh... 'death,' and with his frustration from not finding the treasure. Well I'm pretty sure he was ready to kill me by the time I bailed,"

"Ha. Imagine what he'd want to do now," Sam laughs, I chuckle I could only imagine. "So... what about you?" Sam turns and looks at me. "Well... once you 'died', Rafe being very weird around me, flirty constantly, trying to get with me," I tell him before looking back at him to see he had a... jealous look on his face, is he jealous?

Normally, when I was younger I would tease him about it but I thought I would act more... mature, well if that's what you would call it. "Come on, we better get going," I tell them, nudging Sam, gently and walking ahead, hoping the way I was walking would be the right way, thankfully it was.

I gasp as I stop, I look up to where I had slid down. It did hurt from all the rocks sticking into my skin as I slide down the rocky bank, I turn once I hear Sam whilst, I walk over to where he was looking, he's looking over the of the cliff, it's a very big drop and we definitely wouldn't survive that.

"We need to find another way down," Nate states and starts following the rocks around the side, Sam and I follow him, I couldn't forget the jealous look out of my head. I didn't want to question him about it but my curiosity got the better of me.

"So... what was that look about?" Sam turns and looks at me in confusion, I shake my head, I know he knows what I'm talking about but just wanted to avoid it but I wasn't giving up. "What was that look about when I was talking about what happened with me and Rafe,"

"Nothing... so, what happened in your life when I was gone?" Sam questions, I roll my eyes and chuckled. He got jealous when I was talking about Rafe who I did nothing with but I could imagine what he is going to be like once I tell him about my ex- fiance.

"Well... After I retired I wanted to settle down, get married, have children and I did almost succeed," I tell him and I knew he had that look on his face again, properly worse now. "Obviously, that didn't go well since... I found him having sex with my best friend," 

I look down and frown, not with the fact that I got cheated on but felt slightly guilty. Ever since I was in the orphanage I had a crush on Sam and when he 'died' in prison and few years I was going to get married whilst Sam was rotting away in prison, that's what I felt guilty about.

"I'm really sorry to hear that," Sam apologise, I look up and him and smile before wrapping one of my arms around my waist as we walk across the grass, near the cliff. "It's fine, you know, I'm sort of glad it did happen," I announce, still looking up at Sam who is now looking at me with a confused look.

"I should have told you this when we were younger but obviously that didn't happen but I just hope you don't hate me for this," I say, stopping Sam. Placing my hands on his cheeks, pulling him down towards me, so he is now leaning down and I take a deep breath before connection my lips with his, he didn't respond for a minute make me a bit nervous but it didn't take long for him to kiss back and pull me closer.

Yeah, I should have done this a long time ago.