Chapter 15-Map

After the trip in the plane to Madagascar, we dropped off our things that we've decided to take with us as Nate once again carried on lying to his wife, I feel really sorry for Elena, all I want to do right now is ring her up and tell her.

She doesn't deserve this but I can't tell her, I could only imagine what she's going to say once she finds out. I sign at the thought, they've already separated once because of treasure hunting, I just hope it doesn't happen again.

I quietly stand behind Nate, in the back of the car. Leaning against the pole behind his head whilst his rest of the starring wheel as we both watch Sam who is throwing a stone in the air and catching it, also watching Sully lift his phone in the air.

I quietly reach and grabbed my phone, tapping in the password and just start playing a game on it whilst the others talk but I stopped after less of a minute playing, since noticing I had two unread messages which were sent to me when I was in Scotland.

The first was my ex, beginning me for his forgiveness and wants to be back together which I didn't even bother reading since I knew that was what it said. Since that's all he's been doing for the last few weeks, I'm right now so close to getting a new number.

Whilst the other one is from someone who isn't even in my contact list, a very weird message. 

It's been years since I've seen you. You really do look like your mother... It was nice seeing you at that auction, Ivory. ----Unknown

The message freaked me out a little, especially after I thought I saw a familiar face that I thought I'd never see again and hoped I didn't have to see again, it scared me that they could be back and is already haunting my mind.

I jumped once I feel a light tap on my hand, dropping my phone from the shock. Nate looks at me with worry, just by the look on his face I knew what he was going to ask. "Don't worry I'm fine," 

Nate didn't look convinced, I ignore it and look up to see Sully and Sam looking at me. I know there is a small chance I could hide it from Nate and Sully but not Sam, he just knows when I'm lying, just like when we were younger.

I breathe out as I jump out of the car, following after Nate who is already leaning against the car, looking at the map. "All right, this route right here should take us straight to the volcano. Might get a little bumpy though,"

"Let's get this show on the road," Sam throws the rock away, as he walks to the back, I follow behind him. Sam jumps in first before quickly helping me in. I sit beside Sam and behind Nate as we start making our way to our destination.

"So, what're we looking for out here?" Sully asks as he hands me my phone back, I quickly thank him and looked at the screen to see that the dropped had caused the phone screen to break, "For god sack," I whisper to myself as I place my phone back into my back pocket.

"Well, the map shows all these structures around the volcano. Some abandoned outposts, a handful of watch towers." Nate replies as he drives down the path to the volcano.

"Watch towers?" Sully questions before Sam quickly answers his question. "What's the chance there is one by the volcano?" I ask, crossing my arms as I try and not think about that message, I've received.

"The tower is on the volcano," Nate replies as he carries on driving towards the volcano, this drive I know will probably take a while since I bet we'll get lost at some point.

It took us a while to get where we wanted to get too, doing a bit of exploring first before finally getting to where we want to be and we found a very familiar statue in one of the rooms. "Come check this out," Sam calls.

Nate, Sully and I walk over to him, to see him standing in front of Saint Dismas. I decide to stay back next to Sully looking at the wall with the statue of Saint Dismas as Nate walks over to his older brother, talking about the smaller figures.

I almost laughing as I watch the two, touching the wall trying to get past it only for Sully and I to look at each other with a smile. "Boys," Sully finally called "Whenever you're done fonding poor Saint Dismas, I think you might want to come take a look at this,"

I stare at the wall with my arms crossed as Nate stands beside me. "The trapezoid is obviously the volcano," Sully explains before I decide to take over, pointing to the crown. "The crown, is of course... Kings bay... We have a map,"

"You two are goddamn geniuses," Sam compliments as he moves away from my side, memorised by the map carved into the wall. Sam suddenly leans his arm on my shoulder, pulling me closer to him before whispering in my ear which I caused me to roll my eyes and just ignored his comment.

"Okay, so if we're here... this tower lines up with Avery's sigil," Nate says before I shrug Sam's arm off of my shoulder. "Okay, so then the other sigils..." Sam starts to say before being cut off by Nate.

"Must be the towers from Avery's time," Nate announced as moved a little closer to the map as Sam turns towards me and Sully. "Well, I mean... our treasure's gotta be in one of them, right?"

"Problem is... we don't know which one," I reply, placing my hands on my waist as Sully counts twelve of the towers "And we don't have time to go look at all of them," I frown at the thought of having to look through all of them.

Suddenly Sam walks away and called for Sully over, questioning if he started smoking cigarettes. The cigarette was still fresh, smoke still coming out of the butt of the cigarette. Showing that someone was recently here.

"Looks like we're not the first ones here," Sully exclaimed, we all stare at the cigarette. We all jump in shock as a voice echoes before a large explosion erupts causing some of the ceiling to collapse.

I pull my gun from my trousers as I run to hide behind a pillar that had fallen from the explosion as men start flooding the room, looks like we're not getting out of here that easily.