Chapter VIII

This chapter is dedicated to one of my very good friends, @thekittyofmusic she is extremely inspiring and I have just gotten her to start publishing a book she started writing. I thought it was really good and you should go give it a read. Thanks Bub for always being there <3.

Unedited ***

Jayce's POV:
When getting my mate back to the hotel we were staying at Greta got to work on her straight away. We couldn't take her to a hospital because they would ask about the bite and her symptoms.

Greta had hooked me up to my mate, she needed blood and she needed it fast. Since I was her mate we were the same blood type and since I am an Alpha I can easily spare blood for her.

I had been sitting next to her for the past seven hours.

"Alpha, we need to get back home otherwise I am afraid she might not make it. I do not have the medical equipment here to help her as much as she needs" Greta states as she walks into the room.

I follow her advice and call arrange for a flight back for our small group as soon as possible.

The plane trip went rather well, my mate hadn't woken up since she has fallen asleep just before being boarded on my packs private plane sixteen hours ago.

She was still extremely pale. Greta had done as much as she could do for my mate, now all we can do for her is getting her to the packed elders and doctors.

We were now driving through thin bush land only a few hours from the pack land.

The sun was very warm, we could feel the heat of it coming in waves through the body of the black SUV. There wasn't a cloud to be seen, and yet I had a feeling; a storm was coming.

The car trip was nerve racking, my mates condition was deteriorating, the bite wound was still weeping blood, she was sweating, her temperature was sky rocketing, we were now only fifteen minutes from the boarder of the pack land.

As we speed over the boarder; the invisible barrier that marked the beginning of the pack land; my home, dense trees lined the boarder of the land and as we drove towards the centre of the land the trees thinned out.

We drove over the many wooden bridges that were scattered across the land. Rivers weaved through the trees, all leading to a reasonable sized lake.

The water would run down from the fresh water spring far up the mountain. In the winter the war was so icy cold the aquatic farmers of the pack would bring all the fish down street to a fairly warm water pond that sat just in the pack land.

An under ground volcano was just over the boarder but lava rivers travels far under the ground making the water slightly warmer, helping our fish to survive.

The volcano has been inactive ever since our wolf ancestors inhabited the land thousands of years ago.

Ok the land we had lots of vast open grass land, making. A home for many other animals including one of our main food sources, buffalo. As we neared the pack house, small cottages flew past while we speed through the land.

The pack house came into view, it was a grand looking four story mansion like house. It was made from a mixture of oak wood and polished white marble.

Huge clear windows gave the place a modern and spacious feel. The roof was tiled with dark grey roof tiles.

All the outward facing rooms had small a balcony, some had plants sitting on the balcony others had tables and chairs.

The balconys has the same style and colour scheme as the rest of the house. The front doors were big and grand. Huge oak wooden doors framed with white washed wood then a mixture of mirrors and glass windows surrounded the thin white wash frame.

Out the front was a beautiful garden kept by both the house keepers, gardeners and the farmers. Hedges about knee height surrounded the gardens.

Various types of vegetables, herbs and fruits inhabited the ground in beautiful and well planned rows and shapes. Beautiful and colourful also lined the garden.

It was such a pretty sight to look at. I am so happy to have my mate in such a beautiful place.

We parked the car right outside the front of the pack house, I got out of the car and ran around to the side my mate was on.

I picked her up and carried her inside. I took her into the infirmary on the first floor.

Greta had already run in and started getting the room ready. "The pack surgeon has been contacted and is on his way" Greta sand when she paused for a second when she had brought over the standing holding a big bag of blood.

I laid my mate on the bed and Greta put a needle in her arm which started pumping small but steady amounts of blood into her veins.

She was laying there like she was lifeless. You could barely even see that she was breathing.

Greta applied a gel like substance to the bite mark on my mates neck to hopefully stop it from bleeding.

The doctor finally arrived. John was a well known and well respected elder, but most people knew him as 'Doc'.

He lived very close to the pack house so that he can be near by during an emergency.

Doc was in his late sixties, grey thin hair covered his head and a neatly trimmed grey and white speckled beard covered his chin area and around his mouth and under his nose.

He has bright blue eyes and tanned skin. A scar ran down from his upper lip to his chin. He had this look in his eyes, wise and smart but also pain and sadness.

I still remember the day his mate died, I was only six year old. Our pack got attacked by a group of rouges, she as the only fatality thanks to Doc's amazing skills.

Normally when a wolfs mate dies the other one can only go on for so long before they can't live alone anymore. From what I have been told it feels like someone has literally taken your heart out of your chest, you feel empty and there is forever a stabbing like pain sat deep within your chest.

If it doesn't kill you with the sadness and pain then it will drive you mad.

Doc was an exception from the madness. Yes his heart was still broken beyond repair but his job as the highest ranking and most valuable doctor this pack has, we have kept him busy enough to stop him from dwelling to much on his beloved dead mate.

Doc entered the room calmly greeting me with respect as he started to examine my mate.

After a few seconds of looking over her he turned around and stated "obviously she has been bitten, but her body isn't changing like it should. The transformation from human to werewolf is not an easy process but by the looks of it she was bitten maybe three days ago maybe more." He took in a breath.

"The first stage of transformation; the pain, heat and bleeding should only last for 12 hours. After that she should get random, uncontrollable semi-shifting like change in eye colour, her teeth will change, claws will appear instead of nails."

He looked over at my mate. Worry masked his face. "Something isn't right here and I don't have a clue what."

I walked over to her and put one of my hands on her forehead and with my other hand I held her small petit hand.

"Maybe I should contact Old Rosie?" I question Doc. He turn around from the stand with the bags of blood, he had been refilling them. "Yes, maybe that would be a good idea. I do think this is out of my medical knowledge."