Chapter VII

Not edited.

Lana's POV

  It felt as if I had spent the whole day in Christian's room. I didn't want to go out, but I was aware that I just might go insane if I spent another hour in the same four walls. I laid on the bed and stared at the ceiling for the last 10 minutes, having nothing else to do. I tidied up a little from boredom, but the he was royalty, he had people do that for him so there wasn't much to do..

  My phone was dead and I had nothing to do at that point. Christian said he had work to do and I was alone the whole day. I was apparently free to look around the castle, but on the other hand, in every corner of the place was a vampire and I needed to be careful. Besides, I wanted to leave by the night because even though Christian said I was safe there, there was a good possibility that my father would think that I was taken by a vampire and Venedocia was the first place they would search. I knew my own. I knew how their heads worked.

As I laid there, I found myself throwing the small pillow in the air and then catching it. Over and over again, the same way I was going through my thoughts. I was waiting for him to come back and tell him that, yes, actually I had to leave Venedocia too, because I didn't think it through. I didn't think at all when I came up with this, when I agreed on this, and now I felt stupid. Besides, I needed a phone and mine was dead. Christian agreed on helping me out, and he still didn't bring me a charger. But whatever, that was one of my least problems at that point. I had to figure out where to go, or just be on the move all the time.

I heard the door opening and catching the pillow, I glanced towards it. Well well.. Christian Le Boursier decided to visit. I noticed how surprisingly he looked at me when he saw me laying on his bed with a pillow over my stomach. "Thank God.. I wonder how you decided to come back." I said, starting to push myself to sit up.

"I told you I had work to do." He closed the door behind him as he started walking towards the bed. "You've been in here the whole time?"

I faked a quick smile and let the irony speak for me. "Yes, Your Highness." I swear I saw a quick smile on his face, but he already walked in his closet, and I didn't get to ask what he found so funny. I was seriously annoyed already. "Did you get me a charger?" I yelled, but I got no answer. I opened my mouth to repeat, but he walked out in his white shirt and holding his tux, he took out a white charger from the pocket and threw it at me.

I caught it midair, and watched how he got back inside. I found myself sitting there in silence for a few seconds.. A picture flashing through my head. The first time I saw him walk out of his closet he was still putting on his shirt. And it looked good. He had a tanned skin, and every muscle on his body was perfectly defined.

For a second, I felt like I was putting too much thinking in things that didn't exactly matter that much. He was good looking, so what.. I was overthinking it. I didn't need distractions at that point. I had to think about getting away. And only that.

  Standing up, I walked over at the desk where he had a bunch of papers, and right on the side of it was a plug. I left my phone to charge there before I leaned on the desk, just exhaling a sharp breath like I had been holding it in the whole time. I had a little hair clip on my shirt, so I used it to contain all the mess that my hair had become with all the little waves and slight curls after I took a shower. It dried naturally so I expected that result. A puffy messy bun was better than looking like Tarzan.

  The time I spent in the room, the whole day, I had been thinking about what might've happened last night. It made no possible sense for me. I didn't remember anything and I was starting to doubt Amanda, but she was so short and little that there was no way she could've got me in a car, drove to Venedocia and threw me in the woods. I could've gotten there myself, but the question was how. And why didn't I remember any of that.